C70 - Color Contrast

rparigerparige Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited August 1, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Looking good, there are a few things I notice though, First, that tiny bit of flower on the left side of the picture, I would crop that out.

Second, for some reason(I'm not sure why), when I look at that picture, instead of being drawn into the flower, my eyes are drawn to the green surrounding the flower, Perhaps the flower needs some more "pop", see if you can brighten up the flower, and tone down the bacground in order to increase the contrast between the flower and the background, I think this would help draw the viewer into the photo...

Good Luck!thumb.gif

Ben
  • rparigerparige Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Thank you for the comments.

Now I did have a tight crop, I think that brings the flower into the attention.
    I also ended up with a B&W. Now debating which one to post for the challenge.

85325424-L.jpg

85325476-L.jpg
    -RP
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    perfect crop. put a border around it and enhance with a box surrounding the photo similar to the flower's petals and you got yourself a great entry. well even if you turn this one in as is it will be good, but try to submit a larger image! the more we can see the better! if you make it much larger this will probably be one of the few id def vote on. good luck!
  • rparigerparige Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Thank you for the suggestions.

Here I have the modified Large Version.
    85380842-L.jpg
    -RP
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    i lovd the last version cool
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery