Coward

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited August 2, 2006 in People
so after a dramatic post something a lot easier to swallow.

After being called a coward by Mr. Petteri Sulonen for using the telephoto lens I decided to try the other end of the focal length today.

This is a common scene in Sydney a still pose artist somewhere where tourists gather:
Still-Pose-In-Blue-IMG_4239.jpg
one.gif

So, how close can you get to get a good portrait. This coward got to less than a foot away:
one.gifStill-Artist-Blue-Portrait-IMG_4241.jpg
one.gif
Full images here:
Full posture photo of a still artist in blue

Portait of the sill artist in blue

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Very cool outfit.

Why coward?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Ted posted a couple of anti-war protest shots
    wxwax wrote:
    Very cool outfit.

Why coward?

...and specifically pointed that he had no business neither with the protest, nor against it, and it was purely photo-op.
    Well, as we all know, reading is hard, so some folks started a flame about impossibility to be neither-nor, and one of them even went as far as to call Ted a "coward" - just because he used his 200mm lens :D
    It's all at Ted's site...
    Cheers!

PS
    I wonder, what would it make of me if I dare to use 400mm plus 1.4 TC in a similar situation? Total and ultimate yellowbelly? rolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 1, 2006
    Ted, the only coward is the guy that didn't take the pic or was afraid to post it in public.
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    In regards to coward ... I see it as a call for the 10-22 (that's what I would have used - lol)
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • mghanermghaner Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Great "comeback" Ted
    I like the shot on this one as well. The comment on the other photo (the protest) got me spinning for sure. It should not have gotten to me and I should have just let it go. I am glad to see you address the issue with this shot. I am glad that comments such as that do not show up here on this forum very often.
    "I feel way more like I do right now then I did earlier today"
    http://www.mikehaner.blogspot.com

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    Thanks for looking. I do need to stress - they were not my comments but an account of what happened. Do I as a photographer not take the shot because the "content" is uneasy? I feel it is better to know what people think about me than pretend everything is always right.

Separate issue is where toi show these images as I found out. In contrast to other forum dGrin has proven most mature about this.
    mghaner wrote:
    I like the shot on this one as well. The comment on the other photo (the protest) got me spinning for sure. It should not have gotten to me and I should have just let it go. I am glad to see you address the issue with this shot. I am glad that comments such as that do not show up here on this forum very often.
  • mghanermghaner Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    I was speaking about the comments about being a coward, not your comments. I thought you were right on the spot with the pics and the comments. I did not like the comments made by the person on the other forum as it was not written as a CC but just a personal attack.

Thanks for looking. I do need to stress - they were not my comments but an account of what happened. Do I as a photographer not take the shot because the "content" is uneasy? I feel it is better to know what people think about me than pretend everything is always right.

Separate issue is where toi show these images as I found out. In contrast to other forum dGrin has proven most mature about this.
    "I feel way more like I do right now then I did earlier today"
    http://www.mikehaner.blogspot.com

• fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2006
    But what are you going to do Ted. Screw that guy. Let him think what he wants. You know the truth in your heart and that is what counts. thumb.gif
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2006
    Would liked to have seen this with a longer focal length lens.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed