popular photos on when it shouldn't be?

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited August 3, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I tried out the popular photos feature for about a week after it was introduced, then turned it off with this code in my javascript:

displaySmugPopular = false;

But today, I notice a new popular photo in my control panel? How did someone "vote" when I have this feature disabled?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    I tried out the popular photos feature for about a week after it was introduced, then turned it off with this code in my javascript:

displaySmugPopular = false;

But today, I notice a new popular photo in my control panel? How did someone "vote" when I have this feature disabled?
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you have a gallery with hide owner turned on. Hide owner ignores all your customization.
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    It is also possible that while the popular photos listing is off, the voting square (with the thumbs in it) is still on and still pops up over the photos, so people can still vote.

I use this code in my CSS box to turn off the voting square:
    #smugPopular {
            display: none;
    }

Disclaimer: It works for me, but I sort of arrived at this myself and I am not nearly as good at CSS as some of the experts around here.
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    now it's gone
    Andy wrote:
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you have a gallery with hide owner turned on. Hide owner ignores all your customization.

Andy:

Very strange-- I posted this message last night. Then by this morning the photo was no longer showing in my popular photo gallery. So I guess the problem solved itself? This is the only time it's happened-- and when I checked the gallery, I couldn't vote on the photos-- so who knows what happened? Very strange.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+