smugmug running slow for anyone today?

digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited August 5, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I wonder if anyone esle has noticed that smugmug is slow today. I am tring to update my custom watermark and I know that cause's the zoomthumbnail to be lost and you have to do it over again.

Well its takeing for ever today. The bulk zoom or the regular zoom thumbnail take such a long time
www.lamontphotography.com
Canon 60D
Canon Rebel XTi (400)
Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
MacBook, MacPro

Comments

• brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    I wonder if anyone esle has noticed that smugmug is slow today. I am tring to update my custom watermark and I know that cause's the zoomthumbnail to be lost and you have to do it over again.

Well its takeing for ever today. The bulk zoom or the regular zoom thumbnail take such a long time
    I've noticed the same. Everyone must be playing at work today.... watermarking and re-zooming....rolleyes1.gif
  • JBurtJBurt Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2006

I've noticed the same thing. Dgrin has also been really slow and hanging the last 2 days. Feels like I'm back on dialup.
    Tis sometimes better to be a big fish in a small pond than to be shark bait.

http://jburtphotos.com
    http://jburtphotos.smugmug.com
    Basic but makin' changes
  • MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    Not just Dgrin and SmugMug for me...
    I've been experiencing a general slowdown of all my web browsing since yesterday evening. Everything from checking my email to loading webpages seems to be dragging.

All of my 'normal' pc stuff-editing pics, opening docs, etc. is perfectly normal.

ne_nau.gif

Anyone else experiencing a general web slowdown?
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 3, 2006

Sorry folks. Our new features are really popular (new watermarking, and all the other new stuff) and it's hitting us hard as thousands of users are re-watermarking all their images. It's causing a few backlogs, especially with our photo tools (rotating, watermarking, etc.) and we expect it to clear up once things have settled down a bit.

We appreciate your patience - Oh and a bunch of new hardware is imminent, too deal.gif
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    Mongrel wrote:
    I've been experiencing a general slowdown of all my web browsing since yesterday evening.

The hamsters at ConEd are tired, Anthony, all this heat!

hamster.gif
  • coxyukcoxyuk Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    The universal uploader is constantly timing out as well for me using firefox. Is this a symptom of the slow down too? The IE uploader works.
  • WirelessWireless Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    EDIT: errrr, sorry, that's not Comcast's fault, it's mine! doh!

Long story short, one of our GigE links hasn't been updated quite yet from 100Mbit, and we happened to fail over to that router last night. Aside from the upload queues, we should be ok for performance, and I've lit a fire under the vendor's rear to get this installed as it should have. Think of a firehose trying to spew out a few straws. Doable in our case, but not very optimal.

Sorry for the inconvenience and for taking forever to figure it out.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 3, 2006
    Wireless wrote:
    EDIT: errrr, sorry, that's not Comcast's fault, it's mine! doh!

Long story short, one of our GigE links hasn't been updated quite yet from 100Mbit, and we happened to fail over to that router last night. Aside from the upload queues, we should be ok for performance, and I've lit a fire under the vendor's rear to get this installed as it should have. Think of a firehose trying to spew out a few straws. Doable in our case, but not very optimal.

Sorry for the inconvenience and for taking forever to figure it out.
    Just to clarify for those who don't speak geek: Uploading and tools might still be slow. The issue Wireless explained was a separate problem and caused a slow-down all across the site.

We hope to have the queue problem resolved either tonight or tomorrow.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    Just to clarify for those who don't speak geek: Uploading and tools might still be slow. The issue Wireless explained was a separate problem and caused a slow-down all across the site.

We hope to have the queue problem resolved either tonight or tomorrow.

Is there still a slowdown? I seem to have very slow response in hitting my site. Maybe it is just me?

lemme know! thanks! :):

www.jwwwebdesign.smugmug.com

jww
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    I've noticed the same. Everyone must be playing at work today.... watermarking and re-zooming....rolleyes1.gif

SHHH!!!! Guiet down there, the boss might notice! :D:uhoh
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    zoom thumbnail has been slow for a while

I reported the slow zoom thumbnail well before the latest upgrade...

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=37095
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    I reported the slow zoom thumbnail well before the latest upgrade...

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=37095
    Not only is it slow but the bulk zoom is returning "missing images" and images the have the correct frame size but the image is not zoomed....
    This is driving me nuts.....
  • ramdiskramdisk Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    painfully slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
    Nikon D70
    Nikkor 18-70mm
    Nikkor 70-300mm

My Gallery

Ahh! The joy of not much of anything.............
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    ramdisk wrote:
    painfully slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
    ....and lots of red crosses / 'photo not found' messages. eek7.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    I keep getting

"The connection has timed out
    The server at shima.smugmug.com is taking too long to respond."

Hope this gets fixed soon, thanks!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    ~ 4pm ET something is hiccuping, standby for any update I can get, thanks for your patience.
  • BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    ~ 4pm ET something is hiccuping, standby for any update I can get, thanks for your patience.
    Mine is down :-(

Edit: Up now
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • JMichaelJMichael Registered Users Posts: 13 Beginner grinner
    edited August 5, 2006
    Sheaf wrote:
    Sorry folks. Our new features are really popular (new watermarking, and all the other new stuff) and it's hitting us hard as thousands of users are re-watermarking all their images. It's causing a few backlogs, especially with our photo tools (rotating, watermarking, etc.) and we expect it to clear up once things have settled down a bit.

We appreciate your patience - Oh and a bunch of new hardware is imminent, too deal.gif

Glad to hear that. I just signed up for the pro account today and started working with it... and was a bit disappointed with the speeds.