Farm-belt Vs. Road-belt???? Help!!!!

saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
edited September 14, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Shot this today without any idea of using it for the challenge until I started processing it, and then it struck me how many kinds of contrast are in the image (aside from the processing used). I see tools of labor vs. tools of pleasure or fun, at the same time it shows old vs. new, or anique vs modern. How about Farm-belt vs. Road-belt? :rofl Any ideas for a title? Comments welcome on the shot and processing.

85873157-L.jpg

Comments

• TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    Cropping out the left side would make it stronger. Don't like how the Motorhome is cut in half by the building. Can you re-shoot from straight on or from the right? There is some distracting stuff on the bumper that I cannot quite make out.
    Title? "Back to the future":):
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    TomaS wrote:
    Cropping out the left side would make it stronger. Don't like how the Motorhome is cut in half by the building. Can you re-shoot from straight on or from the right? There is some distracting stuff on the bumper that I cannot quite make out.
    Title? "Back to the future":):

I don't think I can reshoot...it's on private property and this is the best angle I could get. I'll drive by and take another look-see. :uhoh
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    definitely has potential, i personally would crop both the left and right side or reshoot it with a longer lens and concentrating on the interesting parts of this picture wich definitely is going on in the center.
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    I've been thinking about this one, and you could prolly crop out the entire truck and mebbe top of the building to take your view inside, and call it "Decorated - Inside and Out"

Anyway, its a great photo for the challenge clap.gifclapclap.gifclap
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
    edited August 5, 2006
    Hi Brig! That's a possiblity, but with that slanted roof-line I'm not sure where to crop and not show the RV? ne_nau.gif
  • BillyVerdenBillyVerden Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Shot this today without any idea of using it for the challenge until I started processing it, and then it struck me how many kinds of contrast are in the image (aside from the processing used). I see tools of labor vs. tools of pleasure or fun, at the same time it shows old vs. new, or anique vs modern. How about Farm-belt vs. Road-belt? rolleyes1.gif Any ideas for a title? Comments welcome on the shot and processing.
    HI hope you don't mind a comment on an older post of yours. Actually you may not even see my reply... lol. But for me i like the photo alot. I personally wouldn't change the crop at all. Its excellent. What i would probably do is either darken the right side(motorhome) a bunch to bring less attention to that side. Or if that didn't help i would cover it up with trees(cloned). I think what you have is a great shot waiting for the artist in you to do a little touch up. Great Photo.
    Hi Billy...Thanks for your comments......better late than never! It's funny, I've aleady forgotten what I finally entered in the contest, or if I entered anything at all! I'll take your suggestions and have a look at the image, it's still sitting around somewhere on my hard drive! :D
  • BillyVerdenBillyVerden Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    saurora wrote:
    Hi Billy...Thanks for your comments......better late than never! It's funny, I've aleady forgotten what I finally entered in the contest, or if I entered anything at all! I'll take your suggestions and have a look at the image, it's still sitting around somewhere on my hard drive! :D

Your welcome... i can never make out what or when of the contests or the challenges... lol. I hope(i'm sure) you did good. I liked that one tho.