Affiliate program question

DodgeV83DodgeV83 Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
edited August 4, 2006 in SmugMug Support
From another thread...
Andy wrote:
Check out the link. http://www.smugmug.com/affiliates/ Anyone can become an affiliate. We have all sorts of businesses and people who act as affiliates. It's really an open program. Who's it for? As we state on the affiliates page, "Any website that attracts visitors with family or friends. We figure that's probably you."

I'm confused...So you sign up to put a banner/link on your site, and if someone uses that banner to sign up for their own account, you get money based on the subscription they choose? So its pretty much like the refferal code, but more $$$?

"Even if your visitors don't sign up immediately, we\'ll pay you a commission for every sale made within a period of 60 days of their initial visit."

This is also confusing. I'm guessing this is geared towards Standard/Power users? What is the commission paid for each print? How do you tell if the visitor bought something within 60 days of first visiting?

"SmugMug is owned and run by photographers, and we're eager to share our professional secrets with our beloved affiliates"

What secrets are shared with affiliates that aren't shared with normal users like me? If I go to the Customization forum with a question, it won't get answered any faster if I'm an affiliate, how does this work?

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    Affiliate program question
    Does the affiliate program: http://www.smugmug.com/affiliates/ mean that I could turn my referrals into actual cash instead of renewal credits if I became an affiliate member and got people to sign up via the affiliate link instead of the coupon code?

When people sign up via the affiliate link, do they get the same discount they get when using a referral code or does that go away with the affiliate program?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    Does the affiliate program: http://www.smugmug.com/affiliates/ mean that I could turn my referrals into actual cash instead of renewal credits if I became an affiliate member and got people to sign up via the affiliate link instead of the coupon code?
    Yes, for any new referrals you get.
    When people sign up via the affiliate link, do they get the same discount they get when using a referral code or does that go away with the affiliate program?
    nod.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2006
    DodgeV83 wrote:
    From another thread...

I'm confused...So you sign up to put a banner/link on your site, and if someone uses that banner to sign up for their own account, you get money based on the subscription they choose? So its pretty much like the refferal code, but more $$$?
    nod.gif
    "Even if your visitors don't sign up immediately, we\'ll pay you a commission for every sale made within a period of 60 days of their initial visit."

This is also confusing. I'm guessing this is geared towards Standard/Power users? What is the commission paid for each print? How do you tell if the visitor bought something within 60 days of first visiting?
    No commissions paid on any prints. Just on getting folks to sign up with SmugMug.

"SmugMug is owned and run by photographers, and we're eager to share our professional secrets with our beloved affiliates"

What secrets are shared with affiliates that aren't shared with normal users like me? If I go to the Customization forum with a question, it won't get answered any faster if I'm an affiliate, how does this work?
    Heh - no secrets are hidden! We're still eager to help our affiliates with their goals - usually they are to attract more customers to SmugMug! We have a Director of Business Development, that's Markham Bennett. He has all sorts of great tips for affiliates.

All of our customers, Standard, Power, Pro, Affiliate - you all get the same level of rapid response here on Dgrin and at our help desk.