Money, money

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited August 6, 2006 in People
Banks are quite important in our lives. We need them as they need as. But can you tell who comes on top out of this relationship?
Bank-Door-IMG_4275.jpg
Click the link or the thumbnail to see the full photograph of the bank door

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 5, 2006
    The more of your work I see the more I learn what is lacking in my own. Thanks for sharing.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    truth I am learning from people who post here and on other forums all the time. My efforts are still just humble attempts when I visit some galleries. But they are mine :-) and I have fun doing it <-- key thing to remember, don't try hard - make it fun.
    truth wrote:
    The more of your work I see the more I learn what is lacking in my own. Thanks for sharing.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 5, 2006
    truth I am learning from people who post here and on other forums all the time. My efforts are still just humble attempts when I visit some galleries. But they are mine :-) and I have fun doing it <-- key thing to remember, don't try hard - make it fun.

Agreed. The harder you try the less you get on the street. I have few bad habits I need to break when I'm behind the lens and it's pissing me off. I've only owned a dSLR for 8 weeks now and I'm amazed at how much I've learned looking back some 7500 clicks ago. :D
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    That's an interesting image, Ted. You're certainly getting a B&W style down. I like this one.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    eek7.gif amazing shot loved it
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited August 6, 2006
    This is a very conservative b&w conversion. I'd like to do something more dramatic but it seems I lose a lot in a process - more to learn about photoshop.
    wxwax wrote:
    That's an interesting image, Ted. You're certainly getting a B&W style down. I like this one.
  • photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Banks are quite important in our lives. We need them as they need as. But can you tell who comes on top out of this relationship?
    Bank-Door-IMG_4275.jpg
    [Click the link or the thumbnail to see the full photograph of the bank door]
    I looked at the thumbnail here...clicked, and went to the larger shot...I have to ask, Ted...is this really a "door"...it is absolutley huge! Not to say I wasn't, as always, so impressed by the shot in and of itself! But, on closer observation...is it a door? I'm amazed by the size of it!!! Which is your entire point...right?
    Mandi
    Mandi :shay
    www.mandraleephotography.com

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
    edited August 6, 2006
    It certainly is a door. In fact, they have two of them on that facade. Notice the plaque on the left to it - I've removed the reference to the actual bank fname rom it. I have never seen either of these big doors open. Inaccessible was the word in my mind when I took it. Notice also the direction the people are going (down). ne_nau.gif
    photofreak wrote:
    Bank-Door-IMG_4275.jpg
    [Click the link or the thumbnail to see the full photograph of the bank door]
    I looked at the thumbnail here...clicked, and went to the larger shot...I have to ask, Ted...is this really a "door"...it is absolutley huge! Not to say I wasn't, as always, so impressed by the shot in and of itself! But, on closer observation...is it a door? I'm amazed by the size of it!!! Which is your entire point...right?
    Mandi
  • photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    " Notice also the direction the people are going (down). ne_nau.gif"

Which also adds to your accurate caption of the shot!
    Incredible picture, Ted!!
    Mandi :shay
    www.mandraleephotography.com

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.