Bees from the farm

DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
edited August 6, 2006 in Holy Macro
Normally I shoot using natural light only, but it was partly cloudy yesterday and the rapidly changing light got irritating after a while. So I set up the MT-24 to a 4:1 ratio with the "A" flash head at the top and the "B: flash head toward the bottom of the lens (no exposure compensation), set the camera to full manual mode (F11, 1/250, ISO 100) and took a few frames. Noise Ninja and a slight levels adjustment was the only post processing.

86050782-M.jpg

86051054-M.jpg

C&C always welcome :):
My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    Dalantech wrote:
    Normally I shoot using natural light only, but it was partly cloudy yesterday and the rapidly changing light got irritating after a while. So I set up the MT-24 to a 4:1 ratio with the "A" flash head at the top and the "B: flash head toward the bottom of the lens (no exposure compensation), set the camera to full manual mode (F11, 1/250, ISO 100) and took a few frames. Noise Ninja and a slight levels adjustment was the only post processing.

C&C always welcome :):

Hey there Dalantech....not only does that Bee look good, but I love that Flower it's sitting on, both subjects are very pleasing to the eye thumb.gif

Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Hey there Dalantech....not only does that Bee look good, but I love that Flower it's sitting on, both subjects are very pleasing to the eye thumb.gif

Skippy (Australia)

Thanks for the props! :):
    My SmugMug Gallery

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    Skippy wrote:

Skippy (Australia)

15524779-Ti.gifthumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
    edited August 5, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gifthumb.gif

Thanks! :):
    My SmugMug Gallery

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    iloveyou.gif WOW as always eek7.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    Dalantech wrote:
    Normally I shoot using natural light only, but it was partly cloudy yesterday and the rapidly changing light got irritating after a while. So I set up the MT-24 to a 4:1 ratio with the "A" flash head at the top and the "B: flash head toward the bottom of the lens (no exposure compensation), set the camera to full manual mode (F11, 1/250, ISO 100) and took a few frames. Noise Ninja and a slight levels adjustment was the only post processing. C&C always welcome :):

Killer shot. Surprisingly I don't find the flash harsh at all and #1 is a winner.
    Good work as always.

boogie
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    I agree w/ the others, the 1st is great. I like the sharpness of the bee as well as the range of colors in the flowers.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
    edited August 6, 2006
    iloveyou.gif WOW as always eek7.gif

Thanks Awais! :):
    My SmugMug Gallery

edited August 6, 2006
    boogie wrote:
    Killer shot. Surprisingly I don't find the flash harsh at all and #1 is a winner.
    Good work as always.

boogie

Thanks Boogie!

I've got diffusers on the flash, and I normally don't angle the flash heads directly at the subject...
    My SmugMug Gallery

edited August 6, 2006
    Frog Lady wrote:
    I agree w/ the others, the 1st is great. I like the sharpness of the bee as well as the range of colors in the flowers.

C.

Thanks! Not my normal style of shooting, but the sun light was changing too fast for me to mess with the camera and chase that bee...
    My SmugMug Gallery