Contest 70: Contrasting Colors

JerHocJerHoc Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited August 7, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Need some feedback! ;)

How do either of these work for the contest? Any thoughts?

Claire%20&%20Jaime%2003.jpg

or

Claire%20&%20Jaime%2002.jpg

or this one?

Claire%20&%20Jaime%2004.jpg

I have some others I'm still going through, but these two really have the colors that come out...

Thanks for any input! :D
~Jer

Comments

• JerHocJerHoc Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    No comments/thoughts/suggestions?
  • NewCreation517NewCreation517 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Very nice photos ... I see the contrast involved with the make-up. My only critique is the lighting. It seems too "yellow", and the blues/reds don't seem to pop out at all. Maybe a photo with a stark white light would look better? Looks like you started this in the second photo, but really push the brightness. Just my opinion, of course :)
    Not there yet, but I've passed the start ...
    In addition to the yellow hue issue I think the pictures lack sharpness and contrast. It looks like your focus is off just a bit. Adjust white balance or reshoot with different lighting. Punch up the colors.

Nice concept though...I like the pose in the first shot.

Erich
  • TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Agree with the above - plus: first looks too 'posed', second is very unevenly lit, and the third gets my vote. thumb.gif It's got style and abit of eroticism.
  • JerHocJerHoc Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    Thanks for the comments! Indeed, we were using a softbox that gives bit of a yellowish cast...I'll mess around with it in PS a bit.

We were going to use a second set of lights, and a white background as well, really brighten it up...but, I am absolutely apalled to say, my battery died. DOH! I am now shopping for backups. Live and learn. ;)

Won't get to reshoot before the contest is over, but this has given me a lot to think about and work on! Thanks so much!

~Jer