just thinkin'

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited August 7, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
86121794-L.jpg

85531974-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    Between those two the second one for sure :)

Ben
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited August 5, 2006
    I prefer the simplicity of the second shot. I also liked the boat shot a lot, though I think this one may fit the contrast theme better.

FWIW.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    Yikes, why do you like the second one, I picked the first one. I would have to work on the second one to like it.

Yikes

Am going out shooting, maybe,

why, why, why?

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    Ginger, these are all great shots... my favorites in order:

#1 Birds
    #2 Kids
    #3 Boat
    Chris
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited August 5, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Yikes, why do you like the second one, I picked the first one. I would have to work on the second one to like it.

Yikes

Am going out shooting, maybe,

why, why, why?

g
    Because it is simple. Black and white spaces and lines. Peaceful and calm. The first has way too much going on. I don't like at all the way the eye blends with the cheek of the black kid, and I find the small face in the upper right distracting.

I like the boat for the same reason. Simple and clean.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    Well, you know that I like the first one best (the kids) but clearly I am in a minority of one so I think you should go with the birds for this challenge even if you feel you need to do some work on it (though I'm not sure why you would need to). It is a lovely shot and really fits the contrast theme - better than the boat. Hope this helps!

Virginia

Email
  • Alaska shutterbugAlaska shutterbug Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    I guess I'm in the minority as well. I still like the boat the best. It is simple, fits the theme, and a stand-alone great photo.

I like the idea and the composition of the birds, but it looks more like a sketch than a photo??? maybe I'm wrong.

and the idea for the kids is a good one for the theme, but there is nothing about it that "grabs" me.??? thats just me though.
  • BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Ok, you wish to know why I prefer the second one...

While the first one looks nice, the thing I don't like as much is that(technically speaking) it isn't a photo, instead it is a collage and looks more like something out of an ad, rather than having the photographic appeal of a photo...

Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but It doesn't quite fill the spot for a contrast photo, where-as the ducks clearly have contrast, and make a very nice contrast photo... Anyway, IMHO... :)

Ben
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Looking at the contrast photo thread now, or bird photo, if there, would be among my top three and probably get my vote. While it does look sketchy almost I think it's really appealing and just as a picture I think you could sell alot of prints of it.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Ginger,

Either one of these works well for the contest and the bottom line is that you got three good photographs. I like your original kid shot the best but at this point I don't think you have anything to lose with any of these. Just go with the one YOU like best!

Erich
  • BrianNesbitBrianNesbit Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited August 7, 2006
    i like the birds in the pond, submit it!