Options

A walk after the feast

mgoundmgound Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
edited November 26, 2004 in Wildlife
A few shots of a rundown house I took while walking off some of the turkey I consumed :)

11848869-L.jpg

11848866-L.jpg

11848870-L.jpg

11848867-L.jpg
Land on your right foot. Don't forget it!

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2004
    love rundown homes
    especially when I don't live in them. Good pics especially the first and last ones.

Harry
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    looking good
    The first one is definitely my favourite! The contrast between the dark grey/green and dark grey/yellows is very nice! I also think that this one is composition wise the best!

Good shots, that's for sure!
    Cheers
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    Nice shots.. I like the first and last as well. Im curious though what lens was used for these shots. The DOF in the third shot is great, but the lens doesnt do it very well with a high contrast background. Odd shapes to the highlighted ares in the background.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    mgoundmgound Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    Thanks Mike, The lens was a Sigma 28-80D f/3.5. I am not very happy with this lens nor my Sigma 70-300 f/4. I will be upgrading soon. I have been reading some of the lens threads and they have helped me narrow down my upgrade decision. Hope all is well over there.

Mitch
    Land on your right foot. Don't forget it!
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    I really like that first one. The textures are great as well as the composition. The peeling paint in the second one is cool too. :D Nice to have you hear.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    I really like that first one. The textures are great as well as the composition. The peeling paint in the second one is cool too. :D Nice to have you hear.

Count me in for the second one in this serie. I love the chipping paint, for me this photo is finished. Looks good and has a nice feel.
    The turkey did not give his life in vain if it resulted in a shot like that :D