Parade, Alpharetta GA

StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
edited August 7, 2006 in People
from http://miltonsports.smugmug.com/gallery/1741178/, Alpharetta's annual Old Soldier's Day Parade.

86121078-L.jpg

86121546-L.jpg 86120445-L.jpg

86121732-L.jpg

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    Nice and sharp, Steven. I especially like the little girl who is so enthralled she doesn't know she is eating a candy wrapper....or maybe she does! What was the occasion....4th of July???
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    saurora deal.gif
    StevenV wrote:
    Alpharetta's annual Old Soldier's Day Parade.
    :D
    Looks like you had a very nice day. Nice jobthumb.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2006
    Nice series. I like the really like the one of the little girl.
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    from the gallery description, "...this parade has become an annual celebration to all veterans of all wars.; this year marking 54 years..."

I'm not sure the little girl knew how to unwrap the candy or that she had to; my wife ended up doing it for her. but yes, she was precious.

Thanks for the nice comments. There are a bunch more on the gallery page that I'm happy with but I didn't want to post 'em all here; military buffs might want to browse. It was a beautiful (though HOT) day.

I will post one more though, for your opinion. This was shot from the sunny side of the street, obviously. This is looking in the window of a HumVee. Would it be better if the window were straightened to the borders of the image, or does it work this way?

86120738-L.jpg
  • photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Would it be better if the window were straightened to the borders of the image, or does it work this way?

86120738-L.jpg
    I think the angle works on this one. I like it.
    Mandi :shay
    www.mandraleephotography.com

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
  • CharlaCharla Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    StevenV wrote:
    This is looking in the window of a HumVee. Would it be better if the window were straightened to the borders of the image, or does it work this way?

I like this shot the way it is. If you make the window frame level I think that would put the soldiers at an unnatural lean.

Nice work all around.
    Charla