theme with transition frame on top

msim2020msim2020 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited August 6, 2006 in SmugMug Support
would love to have a theme that has a transition frame at the top like the one that you go to the themes page in smugmug. i.e. a frame where some selected photos / galleries are displayed the moment somebody visits your smugmug / gallery page.

i take it that power users can customize their themes to include that. would love for to that to be offere across the board.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    msim2020 wrote:
    would love to have a theme that has a transition frame at the top like the one that you go to the themes page in smugmug. i.e. a frame where some selected photos / galleries are displayed the moment somebody visits your smugmug / gallery page.

i take it that power users can customize their themes to include that. would love for to that to be offere across the board.

Hi MSIM, you're asking for a homepage slideshow I think, and we'd love to have that. We've talked about it, and I know Onethumb has said he'd like to be able to have that, too. No promises on if/when, but I'll make sure that everyone sees your request!

wave.gif
  • msim2020msim2020 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    Andy, thanks for the post. Yes indeed a slideshow on the home page and the option to have slideshow on the gallery pages would be great.

I really like a lot of things about smugmug. Storage space and full size slide show. But I feel smugmug is falling behind on the sharing photos dimension. I think in general more innovation is warranted in that space.

Perhaps your target audience is pro-photographers, but then I imagine that the market for hobby photographers like me must be in total quite big.