captions on by default in the slideshow mode

msim2020msim2020 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited August 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
is there a way to have the captions show by default when somebody clicks on slideshow while viewing one of my galleries. again, i have a standard account at smugmug and would love this little feature to be added. at least an option to either enable it for a gallery or disable it for a gallery would be great.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    msim2020 wrote:
    is there a way to have the captions show by default when somebody clicks on slideshow while viewing one of my galleries. again, i have a standard account at smugmug and would love this little feature to be added. at least an option to either enable it for a gallery or disable it for a gallery would be great.
    Not currently but thanks for the request!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Not currently but thanks for the request!

Wow, I am surprised this is not a standard feature.
    I am a new dgrin member and smugmug user.
    I joined this group just to figure out how to do this. (have captions on as default during a slideshow)

When I was looking around at all the fancy things people have done to customize their galleries, I was shocked to find that this basic thing is not done yet??? Someone please correct me.
    I like to share my photos (and my annotations) in a slideshow format, with users who are mostly not very computer literate (FAMILY!!!) so, I'd like to make all the settings for them. (Slideshow, captions on, duration, etc)

There must be a way to set this??? Thanks for your help!
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 15, 2006
    ok, this can be done...u just have to know how :D

add this code to ur javascript block...
    addEvent(window, "load", enableSlideshowCaptions);

function enableSlideshowCaptions()
    {
      if (YD.hasClass(document.body, "fsSlideshow"))
        document.getElementById("captions").click();
    }

David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 15, 2006
    Thank-you David, but I just realized I probably can't do that since I am "only" a standard user, so, no html.

I guess maybe I could just set my default gallery style to classic and then suggest to the users on the first pic or on the gallery description to use slideshow and click on captions? Any other ideas? It seems like such a simple request I am still surprised it is not available to standard users.

I just want to share my photos in a slideshow format with captions. (automatically, not having my users make a bunch of settings).