Commando

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited August 7, 2006 in People
I went out to take a few pictures of a little man-made bamboo forest located in a nearby Simi Valley just a few miles from my house.
I learned about its existence from my youngest, when I dropped her over there for another airsoft game.

I took a few shots and was heading back to my car when I met four fine looking gentlemen in a full commando outfit.
The amount and quality of their gear exceeded everything I have ever seen thus far in the airsoft crowd (well, due to Helen's age I was mostly communicating with a far younger generation who obviously couldn't get the funding these dudes have:-).
I complimented them on their gear and then asked for their permission to take a few portraits in front of the wall of bamboo, since it was a perfect match.
Permission was given, and here are a few samples:

#1: Three commandos:

86341372-L.jpg

#2: Boys From Company "C":

86341693-L.jpg

#3: Armed and dangerous:

86341722-L.jpg

#4: IMG_6306:

86341747-L.jpg

#5: IMG_6307:
86341929-L.jpg

#6: IMG_6308:
86341958-L.jpg

#7: IMG_6309:
86342030-L.jpg

The rest is here: http://nik.smugmug.com/gallery/1745220

Enjoy shooting the commando! :):
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2006
    No kidding, about being dressed to the T! These guys have definitely invested some money, here.
    I'm looking through these thinking, wow, these are some serious guys...and then BAM! This huge smile!!!rolleyes1.gif Great shots!!!
    86341929-L.jpg
    Mandi :shay
    www.mandraleephotography.com

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    Thanks, Mandi!
    photofreak wrote:
    No kidding, about being dressed to the T! These guys have definitely invested some money, here.
    I'm looking through these thinking, wow, these are some serious guys...and then BAM! This huge smile!!!rolleyes1.gif Great shots!!!

It's one of the things I like about the place I live and the people I meet during such unpredictable occasions - all this seriousness in play and a very friendly attitude in a general human contacts:-)

Cheers! 1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"