Options

Wide Angle for 10D/300D

patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
edited February 4, 2004 in Cameras
Are you looking for a wider angle lens to use with the 1.6 focal length multiplier of the 10D/300D, etc?

I came across a 12-24mm that Sigma makes for the Canon mount. It is not as fast as the Nikon version, but it is less money and at least gives you an option for wider angle shots. Just thought I would pass it along. Hopefully Canon will make a lens in this range if they stick with a 1.6 multiplier.

Has anyone tried this lens?

Sigma Lens Info.

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2004
    I've been wondering about that. I've heard so many derogatory comments about Sigmas lenses that I would hesitate to buy one. But a true wide angle would be a wonderful thng. They're tons of fun.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I've been wondering about that. I've heard so many derogatory comments about Sigmas lenses that I would hesitate to buy one. But a true wide angle would be a wonderful thng. They're tons of fun.
    I think you'll find the newer Sigma stuff is really quite good. They may not be at the level of Canon and Nikon, but they're getting better all the time.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 4, 2004
    A friend just bought a Sigma 15-30mm for his Nikon. Its a beautiful lens regardless of how much less than a Nikkor it was.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]