can they find me ?

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited August 7, 2006 in SmugMug Support
i am fixn to add my personial address to my smugmug.. and my questions is this.. if someone that does not have my new address, can they still get to my site through the old address ??????.smugmug.com?
i really hope they can.. also has any one had any problems with go daddy registering your site .. or is there a better one ... also do i need to register it as a private domain or is that just a waste of money... any help will really be appreciated..i am trying to get this set up before school starts....
thanks curtis...

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    i am fixn to add my personial address to my smugmug.. and my questions is this.. if someone that does not have my new address, can they still get to my site through the old address ??????.smugmug.com?
    i really hope they can.. also has any one had any problems with go daddy registering your site .. or is there a better one ... also do i need to register it as a private domain or is that just a waste of money... any help will really be appreciated..i am trying to get this set up before school starts....
    thanks curtis...
    godaddy is wonderful. You'll want to register your new name, yes. Your smugmug nickname will always work, no worries. Follow all the instructions here: http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

Holler with any questions!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    godaddy is wonderful. You'll want to register your new name, yes. Your smugmug nickname will always work, no worries. Follow all the instructions here: http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

Holler with any questions!
    on the site it says either register it standard or do it private so no one can see my personal info.. i was wondering if that was just a waste..the info is something most can get from a phone book...ne_nau.gif

also (to andy) i want to thank you personially for all you do .. i really enjoy all things about this site and smugmug... it is a great think to be involved in ..
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    on the site it says either register it standard or do it private so no one can see my personal info.. i was wondering if that was just a waste..the info is something most can get from a phone book...ne_nau.gif
    Chances are that question is about whether you want your personal details to appear on a "Whois" query. For example smugmug.com has the following information (public to anyone who looks)

domain: smugmug.com
    origin-c: JOCO-1037355
    organization: SmugMug, Inc.
    email: hostmaster@smugmug.com
    address: 3347 Shady Spring Lane
    city: Mountain View
    state: CA
    postal-code: 94040
    phone: 650-641-3119
    admin-c: hostmaster@smugmug.com#0
    tech-c: hostmaster@smugmug.com#0
    billing-c: hostmaster@smugmug.com#0
    nserver: ns1.smugmug.com 63.81.134.20
    nserver: ns2.smugmug.com 63.81.134.21
    nserver: dnsone.roadtoad.net
    nserver: ns.anarchy.com
    created: 2002-08-06 02:25:26 UTC
    modified: 2006-05-24 18:55:00 UTC
    expires: 2010-08-05 20:25:05 UTC

contact-hdl: hostmaster@smugmug.com#0
    organization: SmugMug, Inc.
    email: hostmaster@smugmug.com
    address: 3347 Shady Spring Lane
    city: Mountain View
    state: CA
    postal-code: 94040
    phone: 650-641-3119
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif

(and thanks!)
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 7, 2006
    you are correct.. i did not know if there was any negative effect of being there in the directory...of having a fake front for spammers and junk..