Options

Update: Places to shoot Landscapes in Maine

KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited August 15, 2006 in Location, Location, Location!
Hi all,

Two months ago I asked if anyone had advice on places to shoot landscape scenes in Maine. I received some help from the Dgrin folks and was also able to find a few other locations using the internet. So for those who may be visiting Maine, here are a few spots I can recommend:

1. Portland: There is the Portland Head Lighthouse, reportedly "The most photographed lighthouse in the US". It's a beautiful structure situated ontop of the rocky cliffs characteristic of this region. There is also a nice harbor in Portland.

2. Acadia National Park: Tons of shooting ops here, everything from the coastline to vast mountainous landscapes with everything in-between.
Specific locations that I visited and can recommend are all conveniently located along the 27 mile long loop road; just pull off to the side of the road and pick your spot! These include:
-Sand Beach (good spot for sunrise)
-Otter Cliffs
-Monument Cove (another good sunrise location).
-Jubilee Pond
-Cadillac mountain (very nice for sunsets)

3. Bar Harbor: a quaint, typical New England fishing town located at the entrance to Acadia.

Happy shooting :thumb,
Kevin K.

Comments

• Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    Thanks for the info! But.... where are you shots to illustrate these locations? ;)
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2006
    Here are the photos...
    Marlof - guess I'm busted! I had posted a few of the pictures on the other forums,, but I suppose the sensible thing to do is post them here rolleyes1.gif.

1. This is a picture of Colby college in Waterville, Me:
    81281857-M-1.jpg

2. This is the Portland Head Lighthouse on a rainy evening:
    85139617-M-1.jpg

3. This is Sand Beach in Acadia National Park:
    85573641-M-1.jpg

4. Finally, here is Monument Cove in Acadia:
    85573617-M-1.jpg
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    Love the shot of the lighthouse! I've always wanted to visit Maine (and New Hampshire) someday in life. Your images show that I really should.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    edited August 9, 2006
    Marlof...
    Hi Marlof,

Maine is indeed very beautiful, and what I discovered is that one needs plenty of time to explore to really find some fantastic scenery. The rugged coast was my personal favorite, while I know many of my friends enjoyed the lakes (well in Maine they're called Ponds, but to me they looked like oceans - biggest Ponds you'll ever see!) and forested areas. I hope you do get to visit the area sometime, and the summer months have absolutely fantastic weather.

Cheers,
    Kevin K.
  • Options
    TaraTara Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    Great panoramic of the Portland lighthouse. I love New England and fall is right around the cornerclap.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    Cool thread, Kevin with a K. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au