Recomendation for Dan margulis books, pls.....

thegt1thegt1 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited August 8, 2006 in Finishing School
Hi there i've been looking forward to buy one of dan margulis books and i see that he has 2 that i'm very interested (lab color and professional photoshop) My question is if you were to buy one today which one would it be.

Since i don't own either one and will appreciate if somebody can tell me if there's a lot of similarities between the two or if there is anything that the second one offers that makes the 1st one not neccesary, any comparo will be nice, once again give as much feedback as neccesary. Thx in adv.

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    You might look up Rutt in the Shooter's listing (top pf page) and send him a PM. He's our expert.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2006
    At this very moment I'd buy the LAB book and wait for Professional Photoshop, 5th edition in the fall or early next year. The new version of PP will be very different from the last and Dan claims it will be the last. If you know how to do everything in the LAB book, you'll be cooking with gas. LAB has limitations, and Dan knows a lot he doesn't cover in the LAB book, but it's a 90% solution.
    If not now, when?
  • thegt1thegt1 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 8, 2006
    thanks for the input.