Options

web site that does printing and matting?

audiaudi Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited October 18, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
Anyone know of a web site that can take custom digital photos, print them, and then mat them as well? I've found a website that will do this with framing and matting, but you cannot select matting alone.
"See how willingly Nature poses herself upon photographers' plates. No earthly chemicals are so sensitive as those of the human soul. "
-John Muir

http://www.austinbphotography.com

Nature Photographers Community
Founding Member
http://www.smugmug.com/community/NaturePhotographers

Comments

• Options
    livefreenskilivefreenski Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2006
    audi wrote:
    Anyone know of a web site that can take custom digital photos, print them, and then mat them as well? I've found a website that will do this with framing and matting, but you cannot select matting alone.

Hello, I do not no of any website.. but i will mat anything got all the tools and all. AND its a ton of fun watching the photo turn into finshed art!

-ty
  • Options
    Barb BatesBarb Bates Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 14, 2006
    audi wrote:

I think M-Pix does that. www.mpix.com
  • Options
    EZRyderEZRyder Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Any luck findiung online matting service?
    audi wrote:

I have art -type photos that I would like to have printed AND matted online - not framed, though I would love it if SmugMug offered all three, (at least printing and matting would be very nice).

My goal is to get a stock of prints of my best and have them "ready to frame", which is typically double-matted bright white, typically in one or two sizes, then wrapped in clear cellophane. These are for gift stores.

Does anyone know of a good online service that will do this? SmugMug might want to consider finding a service like this to outsource to. Nothing fancy; just white on white - just like you always see at photo galleries and exhibitions of art prints.

BTW: Mpix doesn't actually do what I would like. They'll MOUNT picstures, but no create a double matte, kind of thing, that I'm looking for.
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2006
    Found a few, but...
    I found a few via Google, that will let you upload, matte, and frame. I found one that will allow you just to upload/print and select a matte without a frame, which is what I'm looking for, except the bummer is, I'd prefer to have SmugMug do the printing!! Obviously.

I guess I'll see what the price difference is from having these other guys do the printing/matting versus having the prints done via SmugMug and taking them to a local place for matting. I know the locals are expensive, so I'm not thinking this is going to work out nicely. I also trust the quality of SmugMug prints more than this other outfit, but I'm forced to compare the two.

Bummer. I'd really like to offer my online customers at least matting, but... I guess I'll probably end up just selling locally more anyway, and just get the printing from the Smugster and the matting locally.

As my too-often pronounced saying goes: "Nothing's easy." :booze
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Well don't keep it a secret, what is the site?
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2006
    bham wrote:
    Well don't keep it a secret, what is the site?

http://www.pictureframes.com/scripts/WebObjects/PictureFrames.woa/wa/CustomMat