Baby Pics in the style of Audrey Woulard

KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited August 9, 2006 in People
One of my favorite genres of photography is that of children & babies - I find I have a much higher number of "keepers" as compared to my attempts at subjects like wildlife, landscapes and...ahem, adults :rofl. I suppose it is due to the large eye-to-head ratio, perfect skin without makeup and of course the all-around "cuteness" factor. Here then are a few pictures I took this week of a little lad by the name of Jack:
1. Hello Jack! What a good looking chap you are :clap
86757405-M.jpg

2. You're practically walking now! :thumb

86757022-M.jpg

3. It's time for a lil' football...

86756800-M.jpg

Cheers then,
Kevin K.

Comments

• frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    great shots , DOF lighting color are very good...
    not so sure about the angle of the third but thats just me.....clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    Nice Work. You have captured very well the essence of this little guy! The photos depict the baby's age thumb.gif very well.
  • JnicholsJnichols Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    I think you did a wonderful job with the DOF. I follow Audrey's work and read her blog when she updates and I absolutely love her work. The color is good in your pics as well. I like the angle of the third pic!clap.gif
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    Very nice shots! I particulary like the composition of the first one, and his expression is great.
    Chris
  • KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    Jnichols/Jen
    Hi Jen,

Thank you so much for the comments, I greatly appreciate your feedback. I think Audrey Woulard's work is quite breathtaking at times, and it's a pleasure to read her blog as you mentioned - sounds like she has the perfect job in that she loves what she does (may we all be so lucky!). I also like the 3rd photo because of the angle, a bit different from what I usually do but I found myself standing above little Jack on a nearby bench.

Cheers,
    Kevin K.
  • KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    Chris....
    Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to look and comment on my pictures, and I'm pleased to see you chose the first one as your favorite - he does have a great smile which I think really comes out in this shot.

Cheers,
    Kevin K.