Camera display gone

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited August 10, 2006 in Cameras
My cusion's cam is not showing anything i can see icons and other info displayed on LCD but no live preview of subject just horizontal lines i think CCD connection with camera is gone
What do you say is this cureable or a new cam
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2006
    Bummer (bad news.)

I'd contact Canon before doing anything else. That photograph will help them diagnose the problem.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    hehe you are right about contacting canon but ...
    No canons in Pakistan ! there is no sale nor service center of canon
    my cusion bought this camera from someone who imported this cam on his own ,,,,, thanks God i didn't followed his foot steps :):

I have advced him to buy newone ne_nau.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited August 10, 2006
    Awais,

Are you able to review previous photos on the LCD?
    Is there a "reset" for this camera?
    Has the camera been dropped, or a major bump?

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    You're not alone
    My Nikon E5400's been acting up, too.

Check it out:
    Steve-o
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    I dont know if it is dropped yes i can review blank frames on LCD and a vedio with same lines moving headscratch.gif i uploaded images on PC Jpg were black frames video is horizontal lines as what i see on lcd instead of live preview.

And also this is fixed lens cam with no optical zoom when cam is turned on it makes weird sound

Local mechanic said bring similer cam he will change ccd and it will fix the problem but i dont think so it is worth doing it :cry

thumb.gif

My Gallery
    edited August 10, 2006
    I dont know if it is dropped yes i can review blank frames on LCD and a vedio with same lines moving headscratch.gif i uploaded images on PC Jpg were black frames video is horizontal lines as what i see on lcd instead of live preview.

And also this is fixed lens cam with no optical zoom when cam is turned on it makes weird sound

Local mechanic said bring similer cam he will change ccd and it will fix the problem but i dont think so it is worth doing it :cry

thumb.gif

Awais,

See if you can find a "reset" somewhere on the camera. If nothing else, try taking all the batteries out for a day.

Another thing to try is a refrigerator! If you cool the camera, it may work for a while (thermal intermittent). It is just for diagnostic use. If it works, it will only be temporary, and it indicates a serious problem.

If the reset doesn't work, I agree that it's probably time for a new camera.

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    edited August 10, 2006
    Awais,

One thing I just noticed is that the date and time are wrong. This could be a problem with the little battery behind the door to the left needing replacement. (CR2016 battery)

ziggy53
    ziggy53