photocat's house chall 26

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited November 28, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Phil his oil stirred me to try my oil lamp too. I fiddled with candles and oil lamp for two hours, none of the lamp came out like I wanted.
I do like this one tho' of the little candle.
Now it is time for the decision:
cinderella or the little flame.... Bathroom shot is out because I took it before the challenge had started.

11891338-L.jpg

Comments

• John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    Phil his oil stirred me to try my oil lamp too. I fiddled with candles and oil lamp for two hours, none of the lamp came out like I wanted.
    I do like this one tho' of the little candle.
    Now it is time for the decision:
    cinderella or the little flame.... Bathroom shot is out because I took it before the challenge had started.

11891338-L.jpg
    Interesting shot.
    My eye is drawn into the flame
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2004
    Decisions, decisons... What to do. I shot my kittiecat accidently yesterday, and wonder if it is good enough to enter the challenge... Advise welcome

11926086-L.jpg
  • mgoundmgound Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2004
    Vicious Kitty :)
    Land on your right foot. Don't forget it!
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2004
    I think I like the candle shot better for the challenge. Is there a way you can capture more of the suroundings? I kind of like how the flame is framed by something, but I can't figure out what the "something" is...
    edited November 28, 2004
    The something is a metal shape with stars and moons, it is a candleholder too. On the left is my vase with oil, an oil lamp...
    I have no idea if I will have time for a reshoot, but I will try.
    Thank you for the comment. :D
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    The something is a metal shape with stars and moons, it is a candleholder too. On the left is my vase with oil, an oil lamp...
    I have no idea if I will have time for a reshoot, but I will try.
    Thank you for the comment. :D
    Hi cat.. I too prefer the candle shot but it does'nt hold me as I can't figure out what the surroundings are. I love the cat but I think it's more suited humor or animal shots.. it's very funny.
    edited November 28, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi cat.. I too prefer the candle shot but it does'nt hold me as I can't figure out what the surroundings are. I love the cat but I think it's more suited humor or animal shots.. it's very funny.

Sorry Lynne, guess the kittiecat does belong on another page. I am biassed of course to think he is utterly cute.
    These are my last entries for challenge 26... One of those two will have to do.
    I won the bottles of wine and beer from a local brewery in the base contest. We live in the Dales in UK, and the Black Sheep Brewery is known for its ale. They now have wine too... as you can see.
    You are all invited to taste... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

11968425-L.jpg

11968526-L.jpg
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    Sorry Lynne, guess the kittiecat does belong on another page. I am biassed of course to think he is utterly cute.
    These are my last entries for challenge 26... One of those two will have to do.
    I won the bottles of wine and beer from a local brewery in the base contest. We live in the Dales in UK, and the Black Sheep Brewery is known for its ale. They now have wine too... as you can see.
    You are all invited to taste... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Why thanks so much 1drink.gif I never turn down a nice glass of wine...friday.gif I think I like the first one best.. it tells more of a story.. I hanker to see some in a glassmwink.gif