Options

San Diego/Del Mar

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited August 14, 2006 in Location, Location, Location!
I'm unexpextedly flying in to Long Beach, California on Thursday spending 3 days in the Del Mar area. Anyone have any suggestions for things not to miss?

It's not really a pleasure trip, but who knows I may just sneak in some photo time...:D

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I'm unexpextedly flying in to Long Beach, California on Thursday spending 3 days in the Del Mar area. Anyone have any suggestions for things not to miss?

It's not really a pleasure trip, but who knows I may just sneak in some photo time...:D

Sure do. Just got back from a San Diego trip. I have a posting in Journeys.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=39982

Quail Botanical Gardens is across I-5 from Del Mar, there is Torrey Pines (I wasn't able to get there), La Jolla -beach, architecture, street scenes- also Balboa Park in San Diego has a rose garden, water lilly's, fountains, and some unique architecture.
    Everything is green and in bloom and the weather is fantastic. Have fun!
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    ssdsarahssdsarah Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 14, 2006
    Don't forget the animals...
    There is also a zoo and the wild animal park if you want to shoot things that move more than flowers, lol... I think the wild animal park is a better place to shoot because there are less fences, but they also don't let you get as close to the animals, so bring the big lenses and take close ups from far away, lol...

Have fun!! The weather is beautiful virtually always! I am sure you can find some great pictures without looking too hard at all...

Cheers!!
    ~Sarah~
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2006
    Thanks guys - we are back, we had about a day and a half to sightsee with my ailing Father-in-law. We walked around Balboa park a bit, saw an IMAX movie and went to see some plants (I forget the name of the place...). We also went to the Wild Animal Park which was pretty cool - lots of babies! Baby rhinos, giraffes, pellicans, flamingoes...

I only brought my 28-75mm lens, but I think some of the shots will come out. I'll post them when I get a chance to PP them.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2006
    I just put a few shots from Balboa Park in this thread. I'm glad you guys suggested it, it's a very cool place and not as tourist-y as I thought it might be. Great place for a stroll.

And some flower shots from the park are in this thread.