long exposure moon shot

adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
edited August 10, 2006 in Holy Macro
DSC01460.jpg

this was a 20second exposure but I think that was a little too long and there was some background flourescant lighting on the plants which is why they look a little yellow.

I like the way you can still see the stars (even moreso before it was compressed for the web).
taken while on hols in Greece.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Adrian
my stuff is here.....

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 9, 2006
    The reflection on the water is really a cool effect.
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:

this was a 20second exposure but I think that was a little too long and there was some background flourescant lighting on the plants which is why they look a little yellow.

I like the way you can still see the stars (even moreso before it was compressed for the web).

I simply love this adrian iloveyou.gif

Maybe a tad too long of an exposure but still beautiful. Smooth colors and I like the halo effect created on the moon and water. thumb.gif

Could you tell me the camera and f-stop you used.

Outstanding. clap.gif
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    thanks Andrea, it was a calm night hence the water is smooth & the flowers aren't blurry.

The camera is a Sony W1 (compact P&S) so I don't have a great deal of control over aperture and the f-stop that I get doesn't equate in anyway to an SLR, but 3.5 is more or less wide open.

20s @f3.5
    iso100
    focal length 73mm

boogie wrote:
    I simply love this adrian iloveyou.gif

Maybe a tad too long of an exposure but still beautiful. Smooth colors and I like the halo effect created on the moon and water. thumb.gif

Could you tell me the camera and f-stop you used.

Outstanding. clap.gif
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:
    thanks Andrea, it was a calm night hence the water is smooth & the flowers aren't blurry.

The camera is a Sony W1 (compact P&S) so I don't have a great deal over aperture and the f-stop that I get doesn't equate in anyway to an SLR, but 3.5 is more or less wide open.

20s @f3.5
    iso100
    focal length 73mm

Well I'll be durned. Not a Dslr. I will need to try this with my Sony P200...IR convered but with a special filter I can take color too. I also am limited on aperture and f-stop with the P200. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks.

boogie
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    yup , W1 & P200 are the same camera just different bodies.
    boogie wrote:
    Well I'll be durned. Not a Dslr. I will need to try this with my Sony P200...IR convered but with a special filter I can take color too. I also am limited on aperture and f-stop with the P200. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks.

boogie
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2006
    thumb.gif Great shot ! its like moon is leaking !
    And shot by my old buddy w1 didn't knew you also have it it is my 1st and my main camera since end of 2004 .It has suffered a lot for me but it is still not tired iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:

Gosh Adrian the colours in that shot are just Beautiful iloveyou.gif
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin