Options

DanJr

photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
edited November 28, 2004 in People
A portrait I took last week of Danny, son of a friend of mine. He had been crying because his jacket fell in a puddle...
Comments welcome

11908673-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2004
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2004
    Love those eyes and the b&w
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2004
    Very sweet, big eyes. Shame he doesn't have more tears on his face. naughty.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2004
    wxwax wrote:

rolleyes1.gif I should have pinched him for the sake of a good picture... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited November 27, 2004
    wxwax wrote:

Photocat,

He is a lovely little child, but I am going to be the bad guy here and suggest that this could have been a much stronger image if it was not shot from above like aerial photography.

Getting down on your knees and shooting from the child's eye level would have given you a better image in that lovely light. Getting the camera lower would cost nothing, requires no new equipment, and gives a better childs view of the world. thumb.gif :slurp Try getting lower next time and see if you don't like the result better. He is too cute not to give this a try.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    Photocat,

He is a lovely little child, but I am going to be the bad guy here and suggest that this could have been a much stronger image if it was not shot from above like aerial photography.

Getting down on your knees and shooting from the child's eye level would have given you a better image in that lovely light. Getting the camera lower would cost nothing, requires no new equipment, and gives a better childs view of the world. thumb.gif :slurp Try getting lower next time and see if you don't like the result better. He is too cute not to give this a try.

you are not a bad guy here... I agree totally with you. I am the one who is rolling on the grass to get a nice perspective... This was a stolen moment, I just pushed the button without thinking, and when I came home I saw how he looked... I pushed the button without much thought.
    I will remember next time I hope...
    On the other hand, I think this is a good picture of little Dan, because you see how small he is. If I would have been on his level, he would maybe not have looked up to his mom like he does now, and it would have been a totally different shot.

What I like about this picture is just the fact that he looks so sad and is looking up in an asking way...

Thanks for commenting. I am taking notes. :D
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    A portrait I took last week of Danny, son of a friend of mine. He had been crying because his jacket fell in a puddle...
    Comments welcome
    I agree with Pathfinder cat but I'm so glad you got the shot anyway :D it's still adorable... go find him again get on yer knees and grab his lolly away from him....rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2004
    Beautiful b/w...
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2004
    Very nice shot!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts