Uploading on a Mac... with Aperture.

MaleficZMaleficZ Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
edited August 17, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I dont ever use iPhoto anymore, so the SmugMug Mac uploader is pretty useless for me... and the universal drag and drop doesnt get along with Aperture. It thinks the Aperture folder is an app and wont open it. Drag and drop is all but useless... Can anyone help me out here?
TCGphoto.com

\Ma*lef"ic\, a. Doing mischief; causing harm or evil; hurtful

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    MaleficZ wrote:
    I dont ever use iPhoto anymore, so the SmugMug Mac uploader is pretty useless for me... and the universal drag and drop doesnt get along with Aperture. It thinks the Aperture folder is an app and wont open it. Drag and drop is all but useless... Can anyone help me out here?
    The Mac Uploader does not require iPhoto... Your files from Aperture, they exist in a folder, yes? What I do is highlight the files I want to upload, and drag them into the Universal Drag and Drop Uploader. If you are having troubles with the drag and drop, we can help you.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited August 10, 2006
    I use the Mac Uploader from Smugmug all the time. Just click whre it says Files to the right of iPhoto and then drag the images into the box on the lower left and click on upload. Done deal!!

mac-1.jpg

This Mac uploader will however not work with Intel based Mac so you have to use the universal uploader.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • MaleficZMaleficZ Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    The Mac Uploader does not require iPhoto... Your files from Aperture, they exist in a folder, yes? What I do is highlight the files I want to upload, and drag them into the Universal Drag and Drop Uploader. If you are having troubles with the drag and drop, we can help you.
    The aperture "folder" wont open in the finder... it opens aperture...

Pictures/aperture libray and it launches aperture... headscratch.gif
    TCGphoto.com

edited August 11, 2006
    The solution:

To use Photoshop with Aperture, you have to change settings in aperture to tell the program you have an external photo editer. Just find the setting, and find your version of Photoshop. Now to export any images for upload, just select the ones you want, then click 'Export Versions' or 'Export Originals' depending on what you wanted to export.

The tuturials are here, and quite usefull if anyone else out there is using Aperture. http://www.apple.com/aperture/resources/tutorial/
    TCGphoto.com

• Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2006
    MaleficZ wrote:
    The solution:

To use Photoshop with Aperture, you have to change settings in aperture to tell the program you have an external photo editer. Just find the setting, and find your version of Photoshop. Now to export any images for upload, just select the ones you want, then click 'Export Versions' or 'Export Originals' depending on what you wanted to export.

The tuturials are here, and quite usefull if anyone else out there is using Aperture. http://www.apple.com/aperture/resources/tutorial/
    They don't want to do that. They want a one click "Upload to Smugmug" solution from within Aperture so they don't have to first export then upload via Smugmug uploader.
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
    edited August 12, 2006
    Mac Write wrote:
    They don't want to do that. They want a one click "Upload to Smugmug" solution from within Aperture so they don't have to first export then upload via Smugmug uploader.
    Who's they? And how else do you suggest uploading?
    TCGphoto.com

• Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2006
    MaleficZ wrote:
    Who's they? And how else do you suggest uploading?
    having a plug-in/extention for Aperture either as a "New Smugmug gallery" or "Export to SMugmug" within Aperture (I would prefer the former as it would allow us to keep the gallery in sync, update photos from within Aperture and then click sync to Smugmug).
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
    edited August 17, 2006
    Mac Write wrote:
    having a plug-in/extention for Aperture either as a "New Smugmug gallery" or "Export to SMugmug" within Aperture (I would prefer the former as it would allow us to keep the gallery in sync, update photos from within Aperture and then click sync to Smugmug).
    That would be VERY great if this where to ever happen. iloveyou.gif
    TCGphoto.com