First assigment

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
edited November 28, 2004 in Holy Macro
I'm helping a friend with his product photos. He wanted a banner to hang on the back wall at a show. It will be 2 x 3 feet and printed on vynil. I saved both a tif file (190meg) and a jpg (33meg), at 270dpi. I don't have any idea if these sizes will work or not. I think he's going to Kinkos for printing.

Tha banner was composed from public domain photos he found plus the ones I took of his product. I used LumaPix's college program to construct it.

11920123-L.jpg

This is the 3x5' card for the product package and was assembled in PSP8. The deer mount is mine from a few years ago. The toughest part was getting his eye in focus and the peep not too oof. I used my 828/tcon17 from a distance trying to get more DOF.

11920132-L.jpg

I did this for a friend and he offered to pay for my time. I told him just remember me after he makes his first million:wink. After he insisted, I settled for a Cannon 500D. He got right on the internet and ordered it from B&H. Neat! Now I have to figure how to use it in combination with my 250D.

Any suggestions good/bad would be appreciated as I am new at this and need to learn alot.
Thanks,
Al
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2004
    Allen wrote:
    Any suggestions good/bad would be appreciated as I am new at this and need to learn alot.
    Thanks,
    Al
    Looks great to me! It's been a good long while since I had my bow out but I know how this type of product works. I think you represented it well. The collage is a lot of eye candy but the product takes a pretty dominate role so I don't think that would be much of a distraction.

It's definitely something your buddy should be able to get some mileage from.
  • MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2004
    This ad...
    makes me want to pull my bow back out. I haven't shot with it in a year because I've been to busy with other things. Sigh...

I think this calls for a pic that I'll post in a seperate post..

Your collage is great. It really gets the message across. The only difference is I would have shot the model without the combat makeup on. A straight face would appeal to a homeboy hunter as opposed to war paint, which would appeal to a soldier, IMHO.

MainFragger
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2004
    Great job!

thumb.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2004
    Phil U. wrote:
    Looks great to me! It's been a good long while since I had my bow out but I know how this type of product works. I think you represented it well. The collage is a lot of eye candy but the product takes a pretty dominate role so I don't think that would be much of a distraction.

It's definitely something your buddy should be able to get some mileage from.
    My buddy IS thrilled with it. You should of seen all the things he wanted included. But I finally convinced him that hanging on the back wall you don't want much detail.
    Thanks for your comments

makes me want to pull my bow back out. I haven't shot with it in a year because I've been to busy with other things. Sigh...

I think this calls for a pic that I'll post in a seperate post..

Your collage is great. It really gets the message across. The only difference is I would have shot the model without the combat makeup on. A straight face would appeal to a homeboy hunter as opposed to war paint, which would appeal to a soldier, IMHO.

MainFragger
    Homeboy hunterrolleyes1.gif. Around here it's called camo. I think if his face was plain it would stand out too much and distract from the rest. You did remind me of another thought. He needs one made for a target archer theme without the camo and animal pics.
    Thanks MainFragger for your comments.

Thanks NIR
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog