Nikon D200 and Histogram

jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
edited August 11, 2006 in Cameras
Sorry about the newbie question. I have been reading more and more about the importance of the histrogram, so i wanted to set my camera up so that when I take a shot the histogram shows up on the LCD. I am assuming it does this when I press the play button. Now it of course shows the image.

I have read my book and fiddled with the buttons, but i cant seem to make the histogram appear. What am i missing?

Comments

• flyingdutchieflyingdutchie Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2006
    jwashburn wrote:
    Sorry about the newbie question. I have been reading more and more about the importance of the histrogram, so i wanted to set my camera up so that when I take a shot the histogram shows up on the LCD. I am assuming it does this when I press the play button. Now it of course shows the image.

I have read my book and fiddled with the buttons, but i cant seem to make the histogram appear. What am i missing?

I don't know the exact menu-item (number), but in the menu there is a configuration what you want to show when in playback-mode. It is a list of checkboxes that you can (de)select:

TV2005100616305200.gif

When all are selected (as in this case), moving the jog-pad up/down in playback-mode will show the various pieces of data.
    I can't grasp the notion of time.

When I hear the earth will melt into the sun,
    in two billion years,
    all I can think is:
        "Will that be on a Monday?"
    ==========================
    http://www.streetsofboston.com
    http://blog.antonspaans.com
  • jwashburnjwashburn Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited August 11, 2006
    Thanks.

I am a little slow, its been on the whole time, I have just never pushed down on the wheel.
    rolleyes1.gif
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 11, 2006
    this is definitely a gear question... redirecting thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]