Got to be a easy way!!!!

grafxxpluzgrafxxpluz Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited November 30, 2006 in SmugMug Support
How can I make it easier for my client to select photos that they want printed without printing them through smugmug? I had them leave a comment, but the comment applied to the whole gallery. Is there a easy?

Comments

• brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2006
    grafxxpluz wrote:
    How can I make it easier for my client to select photos that they want printed without printing them through smugmug? I had them leave a comment, but the comment applied to the whole gallery. Is there a easy?
    how about allowing image names to be visible and then having them list the images by name that they wish to have printed..... then the comment per gallery may not matter... They can comment on each image can't they... that might work wouldn't it.... have them put a comment on each image they want w/ their name too....
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2006
    I was thinking along the same lines as Anthony with listing the file names.
    If you disable the gallery comments the only place they will be able to leave a comment is in the picture comment section. If you enable the email notice on comments the email will provide you a link to the picture your client commented on.

You didn't say if they were going to purchase the pictures. If they are there is a PayPal hack that might work for you.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=29055&highlight=paypal

Or have them emal you a file number list.
  • pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    The paypal hack might be of use for self fulfillment (e.g., you want to control the printing, matting, framing, etc.), but it is no longer needed for digital downloads as that capability is now part of the smugmug service.
  • dougholtdougholt Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 30, 2006
    Self Fulfillment and PayPal
    I checked out the hack listed at http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=29055&highlight=paypal and could not find any example sites where this is currently setup and working.

Is anyone aware of any sites using SmugMug that have and use a self fulfillment option?