The next step...software

livefreenskilivefreenski Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited August 12, 2006 in Finishing School
I'm getting serious with photography... one problem i have no post processing software at all

I can go either mac or pc which do u suggest, I'm think pc 1. my pc is alot faster, and the mac display is really confusing with adjusting to the proper settings so it looks right on a PC even though i think i took can of that, but its still just a macbook

thoughts or suggestions on software i'm trying to stay under $400 on ebay :)

-ty
honestly think im a software, new lens, and a couple hours of pratice away from taking some decent potraits for my local high school yearbook hahahhaha thats all

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited August 12, 2006
    If you are getting serious, then Photoshop CS2 is the program you need. It will run on both Windows and Mac. If you have some connection to education (student, teacher, whatever) you can get it new for $300. A cheaper option would be Photoshop Elements, which is around $100, sometimes less. It has many of the same features as CS2 and might be worth considering as a short term solution, though eventually you will want CS2.
  • livefreenskilivefreenski Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2006
    thanks i was browsing the adobe website and couldnt not understand where the educational price is.. any help thank you
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited August 12, 2006
    thanks i was browsing the adobe website and couldnt not understand where the educational price is.. any help thank you

Here ya go: http://store.adobe.com/store/products/department.jhtml;?id=deptEducation

Cheers,