AMA Superbike at Mid Ohio

tcsphototcsphoto Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited September 3, 2006 in Sports
I almost wasn't going to post after seeing how good some of the other posts are, especially Andrew Wheeler's. But what the heck, even amateurs like to take photos. I'll be at VIR this year for the first time. More practice at taking photos of fast bikes.

Any comments or helpful hints appreciated

Here's my best Spies.
87624099-O.jpg

Duhamel
87624027-O.jpg

Mladin -- too much white
87624140-O.jpg

and my favorite 1 2 shot
87624706-O-1.jpg
Tom (tcsphoto)

I used to dream of all things Nikon, then I got the bill.
http://www.sowdphotography.com/

Comments

• F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    tcsphoto wrote:
    I almost wasn't going to post after seeing how good some of the other posts are, especially Andrew Wheeler's.
    Hey Tcsphoto,

Never feel that way about posting on any site!
    There are certainly some terrific photogs here and Andrew Wheeler is definately one of them but at the same time everyone here enjoys seeing other people's work. Whether they're a full time pro or just an amateur enthusiast, all of us appreciate the efforts of others. Plus guys like Andrew usually reply to posts with some good feedback and helpful insight.
    Your images here are very good! I personally like the Duhamel shot showing a good compliment between the reds and the greens.
    I think its a good idea to post images regularly... specifically so the more experienced shooters can throw in a critique now and again.

Good job thumb.gif
    Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
    www.christophersedgwick.com

• TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    F45 wrote:
    Hey Tcsphoto,

Never feel that way about posting on any site!
    There are certainly some terrific photogs here and Andrew Wheeler is definately one of them but at the same time everyone here enjoys seeing other people's work. Whether they're a full time pro or just an amateur enthusiast, all of us appreciate the efforts of others. Plus guys like Andrew usually reply to posts with some good feedback and helpful insight.
    Your images here are very good! I personally like the Duhamel shot showing a good compliment between the reds and the greens.
    I think its a good idea to post images regularly... specifically so the more experienced shooters can throw in a critique now and again.

Good job thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif Good job. You have an eye and shutter for panning, the only c/c I would offer is to try to keep the shadows behind the riders in stead of in front. As these riders get pretty low in corners it can be a hard task to do, you can't always pick the best place to shoot with out a good walk. Keep shotting. Rod thumb.gif
    xtnomad :wink
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    Your colors and panning are great, I'd like to see some more vertical shots, move around the track and see what you got to work with. And yea, keep the shadows behind the rider, other then that I think the photos are great. thumb.gif
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • Twisted ImageTwisted Image Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    Wow Very nice...that's exactly what I love to shoot. I normally catch the races in Daytona...I've been meaning to get to VIR but haven't YET...
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2006
    i think those a fantastic shotsclap.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited September 2, 2006
    These are nice. I especially like the lower angle of the last one.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 3, 2006
    i think they are great... i cannot grasp that panning stuff...