Rael in The Park

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited August 16, 2006 in People
rael was my very first model and this is the 3rd time i've worked with her.

after about an hour of shooting at this park, we were stopped because we didn't have a permit to shoot in the park, so we were cut short. another model, esther was there too (they were taking turns modeling and holding the reflector) and i'll be posting her pics soon. please tell me what you think of these pictures.

87868278-L-2.jpg

87838551-L-1.jpg

Comments

• binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    i gotta stop posting on sundays, nobody seems to comment!

heres another of rael:

87984720-L-2.jpg
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    OK, I'll take a swing at these if you remember that I am nobody's expert when it comes to "people pictures".

Love the model's look - really sweet, girl next door look.

#1 and #3 have a kind of "snapshot" type look to them. I don't get that you are trying to say anything with these photos. From a technical standpoint, the exposure is very good (maybe a little blow-out on her top in #1), light has some very nice texture to it.

#2 has the most impact for me. It has a story to tell. I know it does. I'm just to deaf to get much more than a mumble - but that's my problem, not the photo's. Technically, the exposure look good and I don't think the B&W conversion can be much improved; it's very nice.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    I agree with Scott..#3 does it for me but I'm feeling the top is blown a bit, I think I would have toned it down some and the necklace distracts from her eyes for me.. I keep wanting to crop it so her eyes take more of a central place but bear in mind I'm no "people" photographer. She has lovely eyes. Just my 2.
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    Beautiful girl, interesting location and nicely cropped in. They are good pictures of her, but that's all I get from them, except #2 which gives off some emotion. Makes the viewer want to know something more.
    I'm still in the "make them at least look nice stage" but you've already done alot of work that captured something else.
    Good job,
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    i agree with you all, 1 and 3 aren't my best work, but 2 is pretty good. thanks for the comments, i really appreciate it.

i neglected to mention that rael is my girlfriend (i didn't mention it because i wanted to know how you really felt without sugar coating)
    i may be posting more of her soon and i will be posting a new thread with pictures from the same day of esther very soon.
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    Hi, binghott
    Nice Photos!
    I don't like the cluttered background in #1.
    A tighter crop in #2 might work better.
    I love the eyes in #3 but, the shirts seems a little blown out.

Take Care,
    Charles Cassidy,
    Cassidy Photography,
    http://www.modellocate.com/action/goto/uid=4447
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    Good photos and yes cropping is an important skill. I like the closer crop you've don in the second post.

I would also re-crop the black and white one two. Try this:
    crop away most of the stuff on the right, giving the girl only some breading space there and leave the left side as it is. (Anotherwords: make sure the picture has 3 sections: 2 of the grass on the left and 3rd is the girl)