C. 71 - Motion?

gblaisgblais Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited August 15, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I went out ealier this week a fair bit out of town and tried to take some pictures from a moving car, and others from the highway. There are about 10 on my site ( http://gblais.smugmug.com/gallery/1746684/2/87964103 ) but I tried to pick the best three of what was a weaker than anticipated attempt. Hopefully there's something good in these.

Only this first picture I thought was pretty good, the rest were all alright. Let me know what you think!
87964103-M.jpg

87964092-M.jpg

For this one..for some reason I just can't take pictures at night the camera seems to enjoy heavily pixelating the black parts of my pictures anyone know why? I have a DMC FZ-5 if that helps.
87964093-M.jpg

I love this picture.. but it pixelated the black parts aswell!!
87964097-M.jpg
Its a shame because it that wasn't all crappy at the bottom it would easily be my Contest Entry.. Entitiled: Running from the Sunset

Comments are appreciated as I am somewhat of a newbie. Thanks!:):

Comments

• nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    I think the concept is good, but they could be redone to be more captivating and higher quality. Redo with better light so we see the theme better.
  • NewCreation517NewCreation517 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    I think the "pixel" effect is a matter of camera. My guess is the autofocus can't grab enough light sources to pick a focal point, and thus blurs everything with an inaccurate focus. Try bumping up your ISO and doing a manual focus if you can.
    Not there yet, but I've passed the start ...
    Thanks for the comments guys. I don't think I'll be able to re-do the shoot as it was quite a ways out of down, I'll see what good Lightening up the photos will do for me.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    I liked last one of all !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    me too......the last one is real pretty, and I like the slanted horizon........I like the truck too......I love trucks clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii