Thumbs Up/Down Stats

Brett MickelsonBrett Mickelson Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
edited August 14, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I ran a search and couldn't find anything addressing this specific question, so I hope I'm not reposting.

Also, I hope this isn't something totally obvious.

Is there a way for me to see how many thumbs-up or thumbs-down ratings individual photos have received?

Also, is there a way to see where my popular photos and galleries are ranked in the daily rankings?

Thank you.

Edit 1: Another question - Should I update my account from brettmickelson.smugmug.com or www.brettmickelson.com? I give my domain out, but I seem to only be able to stay logged in at the SmugMug address. It's not a big deal either way, just a curiousity.

Edit 2: Also, with my domain, the Firefox browser doesn't say "SmugMug - Brett Mickelson's Photo Galleries" anymore. It says "SmugMug - The Ultimate In Photo Sharing..." and so on. If I change settings for my SmugMug page, do they not carry over to my own domain? Is there anything else regarding my domain I should be aware of?

Edit 3: I manually edited my page title in my customization settings and it works now. I still am not sure why I can't stay logged in to www.brettmickelson.com, but I can stay logged to SmugMug just fine. I feel like I should make a new thread for these questions since they are completely unrelated to my original question...but we'll see if I get any responses for now.

Edit 4: I realized that the reason I was having trouble keeping my setting was that I forgot to allow my domain to run scripts (NoScript was blocking it). Looks to be fully-functional now. If there are any other things I should know of, though, please let me know.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    I ran a search and couldn't find anything addressing this specific question, so I hope I'm not reposting.

Also, I hope this isn't something totally obvious.

Is there a way for me to see how many thumbs-up or thumbs-down ratings individual photos have received?
    No, the amount of thumbs-up and thumbs-down clicks is used to create a ranking, but cannot be viewed seperately
    Also, is there a way to see where my popular photos and galleries are ranked in the daily rankings?
    No, not that i am aware of, I wish I had a better answer for you.
    Edit 1: Another question - Should I update my account from brettmickelson.smugmug.com or www.brettmickelson.com? I give my domain out, but I seem to only be able to stay logged in at the SmugMug address. It's not a big deal either way, just a curiousity.
    When you are logged in, you are logged in at brettmickelson.smugmug.com This is your smugmug account. The www.brettmickelson.com address is sort of a "cover" on top of that account. But that is not what you are changing or adding photos when you are logged in. Hope that makes any sense.

Edit 2: Also, with my domain, the Firefox browser doesn't say "SmugMug - Brett Mickelson's Photo Galleries" anymore. It says "SmugMug - The Ultimate In Photo Sharing..." and so on. If I change settings for my SmugMug page, do they not carry over to my own domain? Is there anything else regarding my domain I should be aware of?

Edit 3: I manually edited my page title in my customization settings and it works now. I still am not sure why I can't stay logged in to www.brettmickelson.com, but I can stay logged to SmugMug just fine. I feel like I should make a new thread for these questions since they are completely unrelated to my original question...but we'll see if I get any responses for now.

Edit 4: I realized that the reason I was having trouble keeping my setting was that I forgot to allow my domain to run scripts (NoScript was blocking it). Looks to be fully-functional now. If there are any other things I should know of, though, please let me know.
    Seems like you have that figured out thumb.gif
  • Brett MickelsonBrett Mickelson Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    Thanks for the help.

I may have to add a little something about photorank to the feature request thread.

Edit: On second thought, I had one more question...backprinting. I have it enabled in my control panel with my name, but each gallery has an option for backprinting and nothing is there by default. Will my prints still have the backprinting? (I haven't ordered prints yet.)
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    Thanks for the help.

I may have to add a little something about photorank to the feature request thread.

Edit: On second thought, I had one more question...backprinting. I have it enabled in my control panel with my name, but each gallery has an option for backprinting and nothing is there by default. Will my prints still have the backprinting? (I haven't ordered prints yet.)
    Yes, the gallery option is used when you want to override the main setting in control panel.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-backprinting