Yellowstone/Tetons

Addman8Addman8 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
edited August 16, 2006 in Journeys
I tried to get off the road and away from the masses snapping photos of "wild buffalo" while on our trip last week. What a beautiful place in this world.87878822-M-1.jpg

87880193-M-1.jpgTook a series of 5 photos just after sunrise and made this panorama.
88098597-L.jpg

87933446-M-1.jpg
It just cracked me up that thousands of people make the pilgimage every hour to snap away at Old Faithful. There was a buzz as people ran out to the bleachers to watch!:clap The lady next to me took about 10 photos with her phone! I guess it's just one of those things that everyone must see...that was my ONE TIME however.

88104852-M.jpg
Matt Addington
Photography & Design
Minnesota
www.mattaddington.com

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    I like the pano and the old faithful picture. I also like the guy trying to shoot large format amongst the crowd. I bet he was having a great time.

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2006
    cool
    I think the mountains are my favorite but I have weakness for the Tetons. I have seen old faithful hundreds of times and I still love to watch, but you need to go in the spring or fall when the crowds are a little thinner. I actually watched once when we were (really) the only ones watching.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    Nice images. I especially liked the hazy mountains of the first picture.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    That pano is absolutely gorgeous!

I used to live about 90 miles from the Gardner gate and used to go down (I lived in Montana) into the park every week or two. I can clearly remember the buzz you are talking about. Old Faithful is very interesting the first couple of times, but it is pretty much the same each time.

Very nice collection of photos. Do you have more posted somewhere for the rest of us to drool over?
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    Interesting shots...love that pano thumb.gif What prog did you stitch it with if i may ask ?

Why are there dead trees around old faithfull ? I would assume if the water was brakish etc enough to kill the trees or ground too wet & drowned them then they wouldnt have been able to grow that close in the first place....has something changed recently to kill them ? Fire perhaps ?
  • Addman8Addman8 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    Thanks!!
    That pano is absolutely gorgeous!

I used to live about 90 miles from the Gardner gate and used to go down (I lived in Montana) into the park every week or two. I can clearly remember the buzz you are talking about. Old Faithful is very interesting the first couple of times, but it is pretty much the same each time.

Very nice collection of photos. Do you have more posted somewhere for the rest of us to drool over?
    Thank you all for the kind comments. I just used photoshop to stitch together. The dead trees photo was at Norris Basin and not Old Faithful. Very cool place...like a different planet!!

The rest of the gallery is posted on my site at
    mattaddington.smugmug.com/gallery/1736605

thanks again!

mattaddington.smugmug.com
    Matt Addington
    Photography & Design
    Minnesota
    www.mattaddington.com