Notification of Changes/Improvements

RKeatonRKeaton Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited August 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I remember reading during the infamous stats blackout fiasco something about how the people at SmugMug didn't send out emails to the members explaining the problem because they (you) think people hate getting bulk emails, or something to that effect. Well I was just playing around on my site for the first time in a several weeks and noticed some changes that I had no idea had taken place. Looks like you added the ability to sell 'digital downloads' of images and you've also made a lot of improvements to the watermarking tools.

So first off, nice job and thanks. These were probably my two biggest gripes about SmugMug, and had led me to let my site sit somewhat idle of late. Everything else I was always really happy with but these two problems really made me less enthusiastic about using the site and even considering switching (again). Now they're fixed and I'm stoked.

Now I can't help but wonder if, when you guys complete tasks like these, it might not be a good idea to send out an email to the members letting them know. I hate unnecessary emails as much as the next guy, but something truly useful (not to mention when it's good news) would be welcomed as far as I'm concerned. Had I known about these fixes the day they were completed I would have gone to my site to spruce things up and make changes straight away, not to mention add some new galleries. As it turns out I just sort of stumbled on them, wondering "hey, when did they fix that??". Makes me think there must be some other members out there who have been waiting for these things to be fixed and don't know that they now have been.

You could put out a forum on this to get a feel of what the others think, if you haven't done that already. I for one wouldn't object to a monthly email from SmugMug letting me know what, if any, improvements have been made. Seems like a shame for you guys to work so hard to get these things perfected and then have some of us not even realize you did it.

Well, just sharing my thoughts...

Comments