My daughter/exploration in natural lighting

SenchaSencha Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 21, 2006 in People
This is my first post here, I've been taking pictures for about a year but I've only recently started to explore photography as a hobby (last 3 months).

I decided the other day to explore natural light. My daughter has my eyes, or at least a lighter version of them. I know that when the light is correct, the color of her eyes just beams. I wanted to try and capture that. So here is a color version and a black and white up for display and comments.

87957321-L.jpg

88363142-L.jpg

I have to say I am throughly enjoying pursing photography, but I didn't know there is so much to learn!

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    Goodness, she has striking eyes.

I like the B&W more, it has some pop. Nice job on the conversion. The light and color in the color version are flat. Her expression is a bit blank, the shot would probably have more power if some part of her personality came through. The stripes on her sleeve are a bit distracting.

Overall, a good piece of work, nice to see you're not afraid to shoot her tight. thumb.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    Hello
    Nice daughter you have.
    Nice pictures.
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    Sencha wrote:
    87957321-L.jpg

Very striking eyes. It looks as if the focus was more on her shoulder, than on her face. Her eyes and mouth appear a bit soft to me. The stripes on the shirt don't bother me at all. And if I were getting picky...there is a stray hair hanging in front of her face. Those are the things I always find after I take a portrait....:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    the black and white works for me. lovely shot of your daughterclap.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    Sencha wrote:
    I know that when the light is correct, the color of her eyes just beams. I wanted to try and capture that.
    Love the B&W conversion. As stated above, it really pops!

My wife has eyes very similar to those of your daughter. I have found that matching those eyes with a light blue top/blouse can really bring out the color of her (my wife's) eyes. Try that next time and see what you get. Could make for a killer photo!
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    Nice shots. Beautiful eyes.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2006
    Beautiful she is cute
    welcome to the forum keep posting
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • goodcrnagoodcrna Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Goodness, she has striking eyes.

I like the B&W more, it has some pop. Nice job on the conversion. The light and color in the color version are flat. Her expression is a bit blank, the shot would probably have more power if some part of her personality came through. The stripes on her sleeve are a bit distracting.

Overall, a good piece of work, nice to see you're not afraid to shoot her tight. thumb.gif

I would LOVE to see a black and white with one of the PHOTOSHOP guru's here, keeping the eyes "colored".....

Beautiful......

Greg