shopping Cart "Lock up"

danhicokdanhicok Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited August 22, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Greetings fellow muggers,

In my short time here as a pro user, I have found that smugmug is outstanding for viewing photos, but many of my customers have complained that they have problems ordering photos. Fellow pros will probably agree that collecting money is a pretty important part of a photographer's biz!

My latest complaint from a customer attempting to send me money is that when they get to the shopping cart to check out the system "locks up". I know this is a vague description, but I post this to find out if other have had the same problem - and if so, was there any solution?

Thanks,

Dan@danhicok.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    danhicok wrote:
    Greetings fellow muggers,

In my short time here as a pro user, I have found that smugmug is outstanding for viewing photos, but many of my customers have complained that they have problems ordering photos. Fellow pros will probably agree that collecting money is a pretty important part of a photographer's biz!

My latest complaint from a customer attempting to send me money is that when they get to the shopping cart to check out the system "locks up". I know this is a vague description, but I post this to find out if other have had the same problem - and if so, was there any solution?

Thanks,

Dan@danhicok.com

Hi Dan, many thanks for posting. Of the thousands and thousands of orders in an given week, we get very few issues like this - but they do happen. I'm sorry you've experienced this! We can help. Typically, it's due to a browser issue, either a non-supported browser or a browser that doesn't have javascript and cookies enabled properly. Can you shed any details on the situation? ear.gif
  • danhicokdanhicok Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Dan, many thanks for posting. Of the thousands and thousands of orders in an given week, we get very few issues like this - but they do happen. I'm sorry you've experienced this! We can help. Typically, it's due to a browser issue, either a non-supported browser or a browser that doesn't have javascript and cookies enabled properly. Can you shed any details on the situation? ear.gif

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and the quick response. I thought this was probably a browser issue. I will check with the user on cookies and javascript and post back.

Dan
  • danhicokdanhicok Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    danhicok wrote:
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and the quick response. I thought this was probably a browser issue. I will check with the user on cookies and javascript and post back.

Dan

Thanks again. My customer was able to order. clap.gif Looks like it was a browser issue, but exactly which I was not able to determine. I am thinking it was a high security setting that disabled cookies.
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2006
    danhicok wrote:
    Thanks again. My customer was able to order. clap.gif Looks like it was a browser issue, but exactly which I was not able to determine. I am thinking it was a high security setting that disabled cookies.

That sounds like it could very well have been the culprit. I'm glad to hear they were able to order! clap.gif

-Anne