Options

Dgrin Header Suggestion

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited September 5, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
this is actually not a smugmug feature request (i don't think), but rather a Digital Grin feature request: if you're going to display amazing photographs in the header, can you make them links to the actual files in the actual galleries so people can click them to buy prints? one of the images that rotates by regularly is that great one by 4labs. i discovered i can mouseover the photo and find out who took it - so far so good - but that's way too little information. i go to 4labs pages, and he's got 31 freakin' galleries, about 24 of which could conceivably house the photo that interests me, and i've already looked through the gallery i thought *most* likely to house it, and it's not there. what's a guy got to do to buy a print around here?

(which could be considered a suggestion that smugmug's gallery system be somehow streamlined overall to make it easier to find the images one is looking for. it seems to be very random as it is, subject to the photographers' ability/inability to organize images into galleries with highly representative names and to apply a strong list of keywords to every image.)

thanks...

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    plaintiger wrote:
    this is actually not a smugmug feature request (i don't think), but rather a Digital Grin feature request: if you're going to display amazing photographs in the header, can you make them links to the actual files in the actual galleries so people can click them to buy prints? one of the images that rotates by regularly is that great one by 4labs. i discovered i can mouseover the photo and find out who took it - so far so good - but that's way too little information. i go to 4labs pages, and he's got 31 freakin' galleries, about 24 of which could conceivably house the photo that interests me, and i've already looked through the gallery i thought *most* likely to house it, and it's not there. what's a guy got to do to buy a print around here?

(which could be considered a suggestion that smugmug's gallery system be somehow streamlined overall to make it easier to find the images one is looking for. it seems to be very random as it is, subject to the photographers' ability/inability to organize images into galleries with highly representative names and to apply a strong list of keywords to every image.)

thanks...

Thanks Tiger, for the request, I'll see what might be able to be done.
  • Options
    tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    What about the header pics
    Every time you change page at dgrin the pics on the top change.
    Hovering the mouse at the top gives name
    For example edhuges. If I go to edhuges.smugmug.com, I am redirected to the main page. How do we go to that image gallery where the pic was taken from. I tried right click and copy image location, but its on s3, not directly linked from smugmug.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    tsk1979 wrote:
    For example edhuges. If I go to edhuges.smugmug.com, I am redirected to the main page. How do we go to that image gallery where the pic was taken from. I tried right click and copy image location, but its on s3, not directly linked from smugmug.
    I'll see about it, it's not as easy as it sounds but thanks for telling us how important this is to you :D
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2006
    tsk1979 wrote:

Well, you're spelling it wrong here...maybe you spelled it wrong when you tried to go to his site?

Also, grab the name, send the photographer a PM, and they'll most likely hook you up.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops