Waiting

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited August 16, 2006 in People
Waiting-IMG_4431.jpg
Waiting
: a task we all must endure at some time, sometimes with anticipation and sometimes with impatience. We wait for people late for meetings, insignificant change of traffic lights or events that may define our life.

Comments

• frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    great shot Tedclap.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    I get anxious just looking at this shot. That's what "waiting" does for a lot of us. I think the extra space in this shot adds to the tension...I'm not sure how that works, but for me it does! Probably because he is standing there "waiting" for whatever and very exposed while he is doing this. (I'm thinking out loud, hope this makes sense!) Great shot, and it gets me thinking about what is happening.
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2006
    That is exactly the response / reaction I was hoping this picture generates.
    saurora wrote:
    I get anxious just looking at this shot. That's what "waiting" does for a lot of us. I think the extra space in this shot adds to the tension...I'm not sure how that works, but for me it does! Probably because he is standing there "waiting" for whatever and very exposed while he is doing this. (I'm thinking out loud, hope this makes sense!) Great shot, and it gets me thinking about what is happening.
  • CalfeeRiderCalfeeRider Registered Users Posts: 258 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    That is exactly the response / reaction I was hoping this picture generates.

I love the composition and the "feel" of it. But, I wish you hadn't blown out his tie/shirt. Still a great shot!clap.gif
    Jack

http://www.SplendorousSojourns.com

Canon 1D Mk II N - Canon 5D - Canon EF 17-40 f/4L USM - Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS USM - Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM - Canon EF 100 f/2.8 macro - Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    OK, it took a while but by using a different spectrum in black and white conversion I was able to not only recover the blown highlight in the shirt in the tie but also discover the tie has a pattern - wonders of shooting raw and using digital process never stop.

You may have to refresh your browser (shift+f5) to see the new version if you have a large browser cache.
    I love the composition and the "feel" of it. But, I wish you hadn't blown out his tie/shirt. Still a great shot!clap.gif