SF 49ers Training Camp: Take two

aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
edited August 21, 2006 in Sports
I bought a new toy and had to try my 70-200mm f/2.8 IS at the practice. These were taken in full sunlight at 4 pm in Santa Clara, CA. I still know very little about football, but it's an interesting subject since people are always moving and you never really knew where the ball was going. Since I don't follow the sport, I couldn't tell if I was anyone was a star player, but I don't think there are many great players these day on the team. C+C welcomed.

1. Does anyone know why they were wearing these orange helmet covers? Only a handful of people had them on.
88641224-M-1.jpg

2. The starting QB. I think the passes are suppose to connect with people, but they didn't. It's going to be a long season.
88519494-M-1.jpg

3. He was jogging near the sidelines.
88520346-M-2.jpg

4. Running after catching a pass from the third string QB.
88520580-M-1.jpg

5. Second or Third string people, I think. Maybe not.
88642761-M.jpg

6. Starting QB
88521367-M-1.jpg

7. He ripped off his helmet right when practice was over and headed towards the stands. His face lit up the moment he saw his baby. I loved his expression and very strange to see since I just him tackling people only minutes before.
88642459-M.jpg

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    This would make a great crop if you focused on the QB, his angle is interesting.

88519494-S-1.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    1. It's so you can practice safe tackling.

It's because the jerseys are similar so it separates who is one what teaM?
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    Re: the color covers on helmets

At the Falcons training camp, they were being worn to designate the rookies.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2006
    These are general suggestions regarding sports shooting so they'll aren't just regarding football:

In general you want to have faces - a lot of your shots are from the back or direct side. I realize at pro practices you have limited ability to move around but you should have some - and the backgrounds in your photos would seem to indicate you did move around. So, position yourself to get the face of your target if possible.

Need tighter framing/crops - 1,2,4,5,6 all should be cropped tighter to isolate the main subjects. Wide crops like these leave too much 'clutter' that competes with the viewer's attention. A tight crop leaves no doubt about where the action is (again, this concept applies to action shots - there's nothing wrong with a wide shot showing the entire line - but when action is happening you typically have 1 or 2 subjects -everything else should go).