Which Calibration Print?

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited August 17, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Went to the cart to buy the calibration print and was faced with the gloss/matte/lustre option. Should I get the gloss?

When comparing to my monitor I assume I should snatch the digital off the site and open it in CS2 and soft proof gloss (if I get gloss) using ez-prints ICC.
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    Bodley wrote:
    Went to the cart to buy the calibration print and was faced with the gloss/matte/lustre option. Should I get the gloss?

When comparing to my monitor I assume I should snatch the digital off the site and open it in CS2 and soft proof gloss (if I get gloss) using ez-prints ICC.
    Lustre. Order it and shoot an email to help desk, with the order #, we'll be happy to void the charge on it.

And here's my soft-proofing tute:
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1123524
  • mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Andy -- is there any difference between using the one from SmugMug vs. the 2 from EZ Prints? They also offer them free of charge (although at their site, there is no need to email help, they just send them for free.)

thanks,

Matt
    edited August 17, 2006
    mkress65 wrote:
    Andy -- is there any difference between using the one from SmugMug vs. the 2 from EZ Prints? They also offer them free of charge (although at their site, there is no need to email help, they just send them for free.)

thanks,

Matt
    Yes, there is a big difference in our opinion. Look carefully, and you'll see that we've included people, for accurate skin tones. Holler if I can help further!

5637776-S.jpg

screencalibration.jpg
  • mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Good point about the people -- thanks (and from most skin tones too -- good thinking!) Is that "send a note to the help desk and we'll cheerfully refund your money" offer for the calibration print open to all or just the OP? And how late is too late (mine has already shipped...)

Thanks,
    edited August 17, 2006
    mkress65 wrote:
    Good point about the people -- thanks (and from most skin tones too -- good thinking!) Is that "send a note to the help desk and we'll cheerfully refund your money" offer for the calibration print open to all or just the OP? And how late is too late (mine has already shipped...)

Thanks,
    We're SmugMug! It's never too late deal.gif
    Send a note, to help@smugmug.com and we'll credit you for the calibration print. It's our pleasure!