Options

Drummer shot (and a hello!)

Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
edited December 3, 2004 in People
Hi folks!

Some of you might already know me because I used to post at dpreview (STF). I just found dgrin and think the forum system and posting pace fit my style much more. :-)

Anyways, yesterday I was at a choir & orchestra rehearsal and decided to test my new lens (the AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4). This shot of the drummer (it's a juvenile orchestra) was one of the best. Unfortunately, there wasn't much time for pictures because I was singing with the choir (I'm a bass).

http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=y5m2mw&outx=600&noresize=1&original=1&nostamp=1.jpg

So... I'd just like to say 'hello everyone'! And hope you like my pic.

Thanks for viewing!

-- thiago

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited November 29, 2004
    Hi folks!

Some of you might already know me because I used to post at dpreview (STF). I just found dgrin and think the forum system and posting pace fit my style much more. :-)

Anyways, yesterday I was at a choir & orchestra rehearsal and decided to test my new lens (the AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4). This shot of the drummer (it's a juvenile orchestra) was one of the best. Unfortunately, there wasn't much time for pictures because I was singing with the choir (I'm a bass).

http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=y5m2mw&outx=600&noresize=1&original=1&nostamp=1.jpg

So... I'd just like to say 'hello everyone'! And hope you like my pic.

Thanks for viewing!

-- thiago

Welcome to dgrin, Thiago. Lots of Nikonians here too. I, myself, wear the white lenses.

Again, welcome to dgrin, we have a nice bunch of folks here.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    Hello Thiago and welcome aboard!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    Nice shot Thiago, I bet there's some good photos to be had with a choir/orchestra (if you're not singing :D)...hope to see some more.

BTW you can embed yor links if you prefer too, help if you need it is here

Welcome to DGrin thumb.gif
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    Hi Thiago!wave.gif Welcome to our playpen :D
  • Options
    marygracemarygrace Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    Welcome! And question: What's the origin of your name? It's pretty cool...
    marygrace
    my photos go here

D200
    D70
    18-70/3.5
    85/1.8
    50/1.8
    lens baby 2.0
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2004
    obrigado, thiago!
    thiago's in da house! wave.gif welcome to dgrin, my man :D

guys, i know thiago now for almost two years. he's an awesome contributor and a heluva photographer, too!

thanks for joining dgrin!
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2004
    Hey again folks!

Thanks so much for this warm welcome! :-)

pathfinder: Say, the color of our skin, or the color of our lenses, really doesn't matter at all, don't you think so? Black, white... who cares? :-)

Nir: Love your work since I've first seen it on a STF challenge! Great stuff, I'm so glad you're here!

gubbs: There certainly are great shots to be taken in a choir & orchestra rehearsal, especially if you're not singing! Even with manual focus, which I used here, I had a hard time not disturbing things, because of the shutter clung! Heheheh... :-)
    By the way, I followed the instructions of that link exactly... While the image appeared on the editing window, it appeared only as a link on the post... Weird stuff, do you happen to know why?

lynn: Thanks! Too bad I couldn't see your gallery right now, will try again later! :-)

marygrace: Thanks a lot too! As for my last name, Sigrist, it's a traditional Swiss family. My first name, Thiago, comes from the Greek 'Didacus', which means 'to teach'. That's a quite fortunate coincidence, since I have a passion for teaching, and I'll probably become a university professor.

andy: Hey, meeting you here... How cool is that, huh? I just noticed some really nice stuff you've posted here, will take a look at them all! :-)
    Of course, thanks so much for all these warmest compliments!

Take care, friends!

-- thiago
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2004
    Nice pic Thiago!!!

Good to see you here! This is a bit different from STF, but I think the community is more or less the same (considering helpfulness etc). I think I'm going to like it here :D

Keep on shooting! And you have a slick Avatar my man!
    Cheers!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited December 1, 2004
    Welcome!

Nice shot...from the musician's perspective too.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2004
    Michiel and Ian!
    Thanks so much for your warm welcome!

Take care!

-- thiago
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2004
    wave.gif Hiya Thiago, no relation to Iago are you? naughty.gif Great to have you here. I agree competely that the dgrin layout is a lot easier to use and far more photo friendly than the software they use for dpreview. I like dpreview's content, but I'm so uncomfortable with the format that I rarely go there, I'm afraid.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au