Pricing problem

mikeshotsmikeshots Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited August 17, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I built my first gallery yesterday before I figured out how to customize my pricing. So tonight I added a few more photos to the gallery and figured out how to customize my pricing. For some reason, when I log out and try to add a photo to the shopping cart, the original images I uploaded yesterday can be purchased with my proper pricing in place. However, when I try to add any of the newer images to the shopping cart it says the "there is no product to be purchased for this image." I thought if I used the "portfolio" pricing, the pricing would be applies to any images in any gallery. Is there anything else I should try?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    mikeshots wrote:
    I built my first gallery yesterday before I figured out how to customize my pricing. So tonight I added a few more photos to the gallery and figured out how to customize my pricing. For some reason, when I log out and try to add a photo to the shopping cart, the original images I uploaded yesterday can be purchased with my proper pricing in place. However, when I try to add any of the newer images to the shopping cart it says the "there is no product to be purchased for this image." I thought if I used the "portfolio" pricing, the pricing would be applies to any images in any gallery. Is there anything else I should try?

Yep - give me a link to the gallery in qeustion, and also the photos that you added and can't buy, and I'll help you deal.gif
  • mikeshotsmikeshots Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Thanks. The link is www.mikeshots.com

If you select the very first picture (which is one of the original images uploaded) and add it to the shopping cart, there is no problem. If you go to page 5 of the album and select image 1300 (which is one of the newer images uploaded) is says "the print cannot be ordered because there is no product available to purchase."
    edited August 17, 2006
    mikeshots wrote:
    Thanks. The link is www.mikeshots.com

If you select the very first picture (which is one of the original images uploaded) and add it to the shopping cart, there is no problem. If you go to page 5 of the album and select image 1300 (which is one of the newer images uploaded) is says "the print cannot be ordered because there is no product available to purchase."
    The original is only 800px wide. There are no products you've priced that can print at that resolution. Here's more:

http://blogs.smugmug.com/pros/2006/01/09/new-minimum-print-resolutions/

I hope this helps :D holler back if I can be of further service.
  • mikeshotsmikeshots Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Got it, thanks. If I want to re-upload those images, do I need to first delete them from my gallery, or will it simply overwrite the smaller file when I upload the larger version?
    edited August 17, 2006
    mikeshots wrote:
    Got it, thanks. If I want to re-upload those images, do I need to first delete them from my gallery, or will it simply overwrite the smaller file when I upload the larger version?
    You can delete and reupload or use replace photo.