Scott Air Force Base - Open House-Dialup Beware!

STLMach1STLMach1 Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited August 17, 2006 in Holy Macro
Greetings everyone! :D

Wasn't exactly sure which board to post these pictures on so I decided to try posting them here. Here are a few of my shots from the open house at Scott Air Force Base in IL. I know my PS skills leave a LOT to be desired but I'm certainly open to comments and suggestions so feel free.

Couldn't pass this shot up. I know I'm a man, but what is it with men and directions? :scratch :D
IMG_5798_DG.jpg

A couple poor conversion attempts. Once I try to determine how to do sepia effects in PSE 2.0, I'm going to see what I can do with these. These were attempts at a vintage B&W look.

WWII B-25 Mitchell
IMG_0002_DG.jpg

WWII B-24 Liberator
IMG_5876_DG.jpg

Same B-25
IMG_5892_DG.jpg

T-6 Texan Trainer
IMG_5879_DG.jpg

IMG_5866_DG.jpg

Douglas C-47 Skytrain Military Transport
IMG_5906_DG.jpg

IMG_5838_DG.jpg

IMG_5815_DG.jpg

Business end of an F-15 Eagle
IMG_5922_DG.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Michael

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    STLMach1 wrote:
    Greetings everyone! :D

Wasn't exactly sure which board to post these pictures on so I decided to try posting them here. Here are a few of my shots from the open house at Scott Air Force Base in IL. I know my PS skills leave a LOT to be desired but I'm certainly open to comments and suggestions so feel free.

Thanks for looking,
    Michael

Hi Michael.........wow great series....... I see the lads in the top image cant read the sign rolleyes1.gif

You did a great job..... I am hoping to get tickets to next years Air Show At Avalon in Australia, trying hard to find someone to give me a free ticket I am rolleyes1.gif

I can see you in the reflection of the plane too.... took me a while to find it but just knew it had to be hidden there somewhere :D

You look at some of those old planes and you wonder how on earth they get off the ground and fly ... thanks for sharing ....Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • STLMach1STLMach1 Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Hi Skippy,

Many thanks! This was my first air show in a long time but it really turned out to be a fantastic place to get some really fun shots. I stayed right up until the end of the event and many people had left to go home. Because of this I was able to get shots with considerably fewer folks in them and had to wait less time for folks to move in order to get those shots.

I still need to better learn PS so that I can give these shots a bit more 'pop', especially the F-15 capture. It's a bit too drab and/or dull. The haze that day didn't help either.

I hope you're able to attend the air show down under and post your shots here. thumb.gif

It was great seeing the WWII birds in flight. Hmmm... Maybe I should have placed these in the Wildlife section with the other birds. :D

Thanks again and take care!
    Michael
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Air shows are great, you did a fine job and it looks like you had a good time doing it! thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    :): very nice photos thanks for sharing !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery