folder org. bridge is going screwy

asamuelasamuel Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
edited August 19, 2006 in Finishing School
I have started to standardise my folder organisation, I am trying to use bridge as my application for viewing and ordering my folders past and present.

I have implimented this tree structure (thanks guys!)

I:
|_Photography
|_YYYY
|_YYYYMM
|_YYMMDD-Shoot ID
|_RAW
|_Developed
|_Done

However I have been attempting to drag and drop my RAW files (80-100) into my newly created RAW folder.

Bridge says: ERROR ERROR a problem has occurred in this move, some files may not have been processed!

......so I have to drag and drop again, and again and again to get the 80 files into the new folder.

I gave up and used window to sort my files but thats a bummer, flipping in and out. When I looked I saw that many XMP files had been left behind in the attempts I had made in Bridge.

Do I have a bug? or is it that I had made changes before creating the relevent files? Is this another reason to use DNG?

Thanks
where's the cheese at?

http://www.samuelbedford.com

Comments

• I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    asamuel wrote:
    I have started to standardise my folder organisation, I am trying to use bridge as my application for viewing and ordering my folders past and present.

I have implimented this tree structure (thanks guys!)

I:
    |_Photography
    |_YYYY
    |_YYYYMM
    |_YYMMDD-Shoot ID
    |_RAW
    |_Developed
    |_Done

However I have been attempting to drag and drop my RAW files (80-100) into my newly created RAW folder.

Bridge says: ERROR ERROR a problem has occurred in this move, some files may not have been processed!

......so I have to drag and drop again, and again and again to get the 80 files into the new folder.

I gave up and used window to sort my files but thats a bummer, flipping in and out. When I looked I saw that many XMP files had been left behind in the attempts I had made in Bridge.

Do I have a bug? or is it that I had made changes before creating the relevent files? Is this another reason to use DNG?

Thanks

Mac or PC?headscratch.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • asamuelasamuel Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    oOOps. its a pc Im using. still got the same problem.
    where's the cheese at?

http://www.samuelbedford.com