quick self portrait...

traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
edited August 19, 2006 in People
i needed a promo shot for a tv interview i'm doing and i never liked the old picture that i had been using, so I snuck down to the basement, threw a blanket over the treadmill, clipped one of the clip on lights to a chair, took a test shot and then put on a tie and suit jacket to go with my jeans and sandals...

Here's the test shot followed by the portrait...(using photoshop to try to hide the fact that I hadn't shaved - and at least I combed my hair)... and below is the original test...just five minutes apart...

How did I do?

Regards...Keith

88701021-L.jpg

88707735-L.jpg
Beam me outta here!:winkKT

Comments

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    ya know - I actually like the 1st one better :D In spite of the 5:00 shadow and the slightly messy hair, you come out better. It looks more like the smile is genuine and the eyes seem sharper. That's not to say the "official" one is bad, I just like the 1st better.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    You look like a cool guy ... thumb.gif
    I am more serious type :):
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    I agree with Colleen. Both are good but in the first one, your eyes are smiling; in the second one, only your mouth smiles.

Lee
  • sitsit Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited August 17, 2006
    Keith,

Nice pose. Is there a slight purple cast, especially on the right side of the face? Or is it my monitor?

-Emil
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    I think what everyone likes in the first one is partially due to the catch lights in your eyes. The photoshopped version is more subdued...not as lively. They are both good shots and for what you are using them for, I think the 2nd one will work fine. I do like the first shot as a casual shot, and yes, it does make you appear to be a very friendly guy! Perhaps you might want to go with a more casual appearance???
  • traunerktraunerk Registered Users Posts: 513 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    Thanks to all...
    I appreciate all the comments. It's not easy to do self-portraits via remote as I quickly discovered. But I still think it was a passable attempt at a promo photo. Having a couple of real lights (and perhaps a real umbrella would undoubtedly have helped, but getting a good smile on the subject is even harder:D.

Regards...Keith
    saurora wrote:
    I think what everyone likes in the first one is partially due to the catch lights in your eyes. The photoshopped version is more subdued...not as lively. They are both good shots and for what you are using them for, I think the 2nd one will work fine. I do like the first shot as a casual shot, and yes, it does make you appear to be a very friendly guy! Perhaps you might want to go with a more casual appearance???
    Beam me outta here!:winkKT
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006