gear security tip

2»

Comments

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2006
    cwphotos wrote:
    *Mod Edit* I have been bad the last several months and left my gear in my car at night.....I will have to change that behavior.
    It's dangerous to place a bomb or a device.
    An accident may happen. You can be the victim yourself eek7.gif or your familly eek7.gif.
    And, it's a crime in Portugal and everywhere else I suppose.
    Be careful. :):
    Have a nice week end
    thumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    Laughing.gif. rolleyes1.gif Twas only a thought. Imagine getting it on a plane..

Them "Sir what is that bomb in your bag for?"
    me: "ummmm.....theft deterrant ??" ne_nau.gif
    Me: = shackin up at Gitmo.

So yeah, prolly not going to do that soon.
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    cwphotos wrote:
    *Mod Edit* I have been bad the last several months and left my gear in my car at night.....I will have to change that behavior.

Yikes, leaving gear in car is scary! :yikes
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    next time somebody tries to rob ya, give em a hit of this!

http://www.wxpnews.com/78ULTO/060905-Camera_Taser
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • jwilkinsonjwilkinson Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited September 29, 2006
    imax wrote:
    I feel your pain. Check the local pawn shops in the area. Chances are that's where they will end up!
    Or check ebay. I found some audio gear stolen from our church last year when the thief sold it to a pawn shop, who posted them on ebay. I bid for them to get time to get the police looking... ended up having them recover the gear for us. FWIW, there was nothing about the seller info that would have led you to think they were a pawn shop. I'm sure they prefer it that way.

On camera theft stories, on a trip to europe years ago, a friend had some nice gear including a pretty heavy SLR rig, stolen right out of her backpack in Amsterdam. She was walking around a very open, uncrowded museum and another friend noticed her backpack was unzipped. gear gone. She was amazed that anyone could have gotten it out without her noticing someone that close, or noticing the weight change. Some of those guys must be really good. ;-( (it particularly sucked for her since that was on about the 2nd day of a month-long trip)

Anyway, sorry about your theft. Last time someone broke into my car they didn't steal anything of particular value, but the moron did leave me a gift... he was stupid drunk and vomited all over the seat & floor... of course since he'd been running over mailboxes with his own car all night and ripped the gas tank open on one, stranding his car in our court, it was fairly easy to get the cops on him... for whatever good that did.... ;-)

later,
    jeff