Newbie begins the journey

SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
edited August 19, 2006 in Holy Macro
Hi folks, I've been trying to navigate the boards here and keep getting side tracked (LOL) due to the amazing information in these forums. I'm not certain this is the place to start but wanted to share one of my "other" shots in this catagory. I have many questions about the how to's and realize reading and participating will answer many of those. I moved to digital a few years ago (Canon Powershot series cameras) and lurking reviews and such for the next step (DSLR). I sold my AE-1 with many lenses (for cheap I might add...which broke my heart). Vaselating (sp?) between Canon Rebel XT or the D20. Need something small enough to carry in the bike but powerful enough to take vivid shots. Thanks for reading!88650756-M.jpg
Swartzy:
NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
www.daveswartz.com
Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552

Comments

• ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    Yeah, sure.

SHOW OFF.

Why did you have to show off your Honda Valkyrie? :cool
    Steve-o
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    Hehe....Pretty, isn't she?
    Blue Thunder is my nickname for her. Oh, what a sweet ride!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    Swartzy wrote:
    Hi folks, I've been trying to navigate the boards here and keep getting side tracked (Laughing.gif) due to the amazing information in these forums. I'm not certain this is the place to start but wanted to share one of my "other" shots in this catagory. I have many questions about the how to's and realize reading and participating will answer many of those. I moved to digital a few years ago (Canon Powershot series cameras) and lurking reviews and such for the next step (DSLR). I sold my AE-1 with many lenses (for cheap I might add...which broke my heart). Vaselating (sp?) between Canon Rebel XT or the D20. Need something small enough to carry in the bike but powerful enough to take vivid shots. Thanks for reading!]

Hi Swartzy. Nice picture and welcome aboard !!!!! Post more soon. thumb.gif
  • ForeheadForehead Registered Users Posts: 679 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    Just don't EVER dump her!
    Swartzy wrote:
    Blue Thunder is my nickname for her. Oh, what a sweet ride!
    Steve-o
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    nice photo i think you should ask about camera suggestion in Camera forum to get better info !
    And welcome to the forum
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2006
    Swartzy wrote:
    Vaselating (sp?)
    Vacillating!
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2006
    Swartzy wrote:
    Hi folks, I've been trying to navigate the boards here and keep getting side tracked (Laughing.gif) due to the amazing information in these forums. I'm not certain this is the place to start but wanted to share one of my "other" shots in this catagory. I have many questions about the how to's and realize reading and participating will answer many of those. I moved to digital a few years ago (Canon Powershot series cameras) and lurking reviews and such for the next step (DSLR). I sold my AE-1 with many lenses (for cheap I might add...which broke my heart). Vaselating (sp?) between Canon Rebel XT or the D20. Need something small enough to carry in the bike but powerful enough to take vivid shots. Thanks for reading!

Hi there Swartzy.......I see you got some responses already from those who lust after your bike already rolleyes1.gif

I think you will just love it here on Dgrin, we're a friendly bunch and as you have already seen there is just heaps and heaps to sift through on the forums, and lots to learn......... nice to see you on board.

Annnnnnnndddddddd that is one nice looking bike you have there thumb.gif
    Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin